Page 14 of 228 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Red State/Blue State Indicia

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Also the seeds of the education of system are bearing fruit. The indoctrination machine is a nationwide success

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts

big improvement over the old Amtrak waiting area under Madison Square Garden
    Last edited by nsacpi; 01-02-2021 at 10:07 AM.

"I am your retribution."

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    that looks really nice!
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Seriosuly why does anyone live in LA anymore?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post

big improvement over the old Amtrak waiting area under Madison Square Garden

President-elect Biden already bringing us good ****.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Weird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Fled those ****hole cities like refugees desperate for freedom

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    betting y'all don't have bus accidents like this in red states

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    California. Found right in between Mississippi and Georgia.

Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    The bottom 10 in per capita income: West Virginia, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Alabama, Kentucky, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee. Red states, with the exception of New Mexico.

The top 10: Maryland, New Jersey, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Connecticut, California, New Hampshire, Alaska, Washington, Virginia
    Moving on to life expectancy:

The top 5: Hawaii, California, New York, Minnesota, Connecticut

The bottom 5: West Virginia, Mississippi, Kentucky, Alabama, Arkansas
    Highest suicide rates: Montana, Alaska, Wyoming, New Mexico, Idaho, Utah, West Virginia, South Dakota, Arkansas

Highest incarceration rates: Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Kentucky, Missouri, Tennessee
    10 best educated states: Massachusetts, Maryland, Connecticut, Vermont, Colorado, Virginia, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Washington, New Jersey

10 least well educated states: Mississippi, West Virginia, Louisiana, Arkansas, Alabama, Kentucky, Nevada, Tennessee, Oklahoma, New Mexico

source: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/23/the-...s-in-2018.html
    States getting the most and least from Uncle Sam (funds allocated to that state minus taxes paid)

Most: Virginia, Kentucky, New Mexico, West Virginia, Alaska, Mississippi, Alabama, Maryland, Maine, Hawaii

Least: Connecticut, New Jersey, Massachusetts, New York, North Dakota, Illinois, New Hampshire, Washington, Nebraska, Colorado

Source: https://247wallst.com/special-report...-uncle-sam/10/
    10 most beautiful states: California, Hawaii, Alaska, Utah, Colorado, Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, Montana, Michigan

10 least beautiful states: Kansas, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Connecticut, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Ohio, New Jersey

source: https://www.thrillist.com/lifestyle/...key-to-success
    So as I've said for a while...when these fools threaten to secede in the next couple months, I don't think anyone is going to try to stop them.

Good riddance to the drain on this country. They can all line up behind their cult leader and live in a 2nd world country that buys all innovation from what remains of the old US.

We will almost certainly need a wall to keep the losers out...
    Last edited by Enscheff; 01-15-2021 at 07:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    So as I've said for a while...when these fools threaten to secede in the next couple months, I don't think anyone is going to try to stop them.

Good riddance to the drain on this country. They can all line up behind their cult leader and live in a 2nd world country that buys all innovation from what remains of the old US.

We will almost certainly need a wall to keep the losers out...
    I'm down with that. However, I still think we should share our vaccines with them on humanitarian grounds.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    [url]https://www.uhaul.com/Articles/About/22746/2020-Migration-Trends-U-Haul-Ranks-50-States-By-Migration-Growth/[/
    2020 Migration Trends: U-Haul Ranks 50 States by Migration Growth

Tennessee claims No. 1 spot for first time; Texas in top 2 for fifth straight year

PHOENIX, Ariz. (Jan. 4, 2021) — If you’re of the opinion Tennessee is a fun place to visit and would be a beautiful spot to live, take a number and get in line. U-Haul® customers are well ahead of you.

The Volunteer State posted the largest net gain of U-Haul® trucks crossing its borders in 2020, making it the No. 1 U-Haul growth state for the first time.

Growth states are calculated by the net gain of one-way U-Haul trucks entering a state versus leaving that state in a calendar year. Migration trends data is compiled from more than 2 million one-way U-Haul truck customer transactions that occur annually.

Tennessee’s influx of do-it-yourself movers during a turbulent year marked by the coronavirus pandemic means that a state other than Florida and Texas tops the growth rankings for the first time since 2015, when North Carolina led the way.

U-Haul customers made Texas and Florida their top two destinations from 2016-19. Texas had the largest net gain of one-way U-Haul trucks for three consecutive years before Florida flipped the order and became No. 1 last year. Texas is second for growth, and Florida third, for 2020.

Ohio, Arizona, Colorado, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina and Georgia round out the top 10 states for 2020 growth as self-movers continue to migrate to the Southeast, as well as markets in the Southwest, Midwest and Rocky Mountain regions.

California ranks last by a wide margin, supplanting Illinois as the state with the greatest net loss of U-Haul trucks. California has ranked 48th or lower since 2016. Illinois has been 49th or 50th since 2015, when U-Haul began ranking states based on annual net gain.

“I’m seeing a lot of people from California move (to Tennessee) because they’re attracted to our lifestyle,” noted Jeff Porter, U-Haul Company of Nashville president. “Tennessee has no income tax and is very business-friendly. There are plenty of jobs. People and companies are taking note. Places like Nashville, Murfreesboro and Clarksville are attracting tons of new residents. Nashville is ever-growing, and even the era of COVID-19 isn’t slowing that. We were seeing movement before the virus hit, but I think the situation has pushed a lot more people away from the West Coast to our state.”

East and Central Tennessee are enjoying the biggest gains in U-Haul arrivals. The top growth cities include Knoxville, the Tri-Cities, Cookeville, Clarksville, Cleveland, Murfreesboro and Maryville.

Arrivals of one-way U-Haul trucks into Tennessee jumped 12% while departures rose only 9% over 2019, with that disparity catapulting it up the charts. Arrivals accounted for 50.6% of all one-way U-Haul traffic in Tennessee, which ranked No. 12 among growth states a year ago.

“The best thing about Tennessee is the southern hospitality. People are decent to one another,” said Clay McQuade, U-Haul Company of Knoxville president. “I believe the draw to Tennessee is the rural atmosphere. The government is still not so oppressive on zoning and regulation, so people are able to build, and cities are friendly to business. Tourism is a big draw in this region, mostly for the Great Smoky Mountains. There’s plenty to do outdoors.

“U-Haul is growing right alongside the state. We just added adaptive reuse conversions of closed Kmart® stores for new facilities in Kingsport and Bristol, and are currently building a ground-up store in Knoxville to meet customer demand for our products and services.”

While U-Haul migration trends do not correlate directly to population or economic growth, the Company’s growth data is an effective gauge of how well cities and states are attracting and maintaining residents.

U-Haul is the authority on migration trends thanks to its expansive network that blankets all 50 states and 10 Canadian provinces. The geographical coverage from more than 22,000 U-Haul truck- and trailer-sharing locations provides a comprehensive overview of where people are moving like no one else in the industry.

Find local U-Haul stores and neighborhood dealers at uhaul.com/locations.

2020: STATES RANKED BY MIGRATION GROWTH

Tennessee (12)

Texas (2)

Florida (1)

Ohio (7)

Arizona (20)

Colorado (42)

Missouri (13)

Nevada (24)

North Carolina (3)

Georgia (16)

Arkansas (23)

Indiana (9)

Wisconsin (41)

Oklahoma (14)

South Carolina (4)

West Virginia (22)

Utah (8)

Kentucky (37)

Montana (26)

Minnesota (15)

Kansas (18)

Alabama (6)

New Hampshire (31)

Iowa (30)

South Dakota (28)

Vermont (10)

Delaware (21)

Virginia (39)

Maine (33)

Idaho (11)

Mississippi (25)

Nebraska (19)

Wyoming (27)

Alaska (17)

Rhode Island (35)

Washington (5)

North Dakota (32)

Washington, D.C. (38)*

New Mexico (36)

Michigan (48)

Pennsylvania (46)

New York (43)

Connecticut (34)

Louisiana (40)

Oregon (29)

Maryland (45)

Massachusetts (47)

New Jersey (44)

Illinois (50)

California (49)

* Previous year’s rankings in parentheses. Washington, D.C. is its own U-Haul market and is listed among growth states for migration trends purposes. Hawaii is not included since state-to-state truck transactions are inapplicable.
    Last edited by Tapate50; 01-19-2021 at 12:47 PM.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    That article made me sad.
    "People unhappy with their state move to not yet screwed up states, retain voting habits that screwed up their last state."
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (01-19-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Why do we think people so eagerly flee their blue havens?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Why do we think people so eagerly flee their blue havens?
    Me thinks you’ll need to revisit this analysis in a year once everyone is back to work full time. A significant amount of workers in California, New York, Massachusetts, etc. are migrants from other states. The pandemic has afforded people the opportunity to move back with family temporarily. I suspect once employers start requiring employees back on site you’ll see these trends reverse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    That article made me sad.
    "People unhappy with their state move to not yet screwed up states, retain voting habits that screwed up their last state."
    It's a missionary instinct. The Lord's work is never done. Georgia and Arizona today. Texas and North Carolina tomorrow.

Btw they are all moving to blue metro areas within red states: Atlanta, Raleigh, Charlotte, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Nashville.

The red hinterland, not so much.

I know y'all not so interested in things like better education, higher income, longer life expectancy, more teeth, vaccines. But by jove, we gonna ram it down your throats.

I am thinking of moving to Savannah in a year or two. Just to further terrorize y'all.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 01-19-2021 at 01:34 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Me thinks you’ll need to revisit this analysis in a year once everyone is back to work full time. A significant amount of workers in California, New York, Massachusetts, etc. are migrants from other states. The pandemic has afforded people the opportunity to move back with family temporarily. I suspect once employers start requiring employees back on site you’ll see these trends reverse.
    Maybe but California has been the biggest loser for several years now. 650k in 2019 before the pandemic