Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Nats @ Braves - Doubleheader 9/4. Game 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebe10 View Post
    I’m sorry but Johan sucks. He’s that dude with the glove but put the wood in the his hands and it’s “gtfoh”...he needs to be traded in the offseason for whatever in hell we can get.
    Albies should be back soon

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The lineup can tolerate feast-or-famine guys like Duvall and Riley if Albies replaces the all-famine guy current playing second-base.

Would also be nice if Markakis remembered that he's only played twenty games, so while it's technically "the second half", he should be hitting like it's still April of a standard season.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts
    Fck I feel awful for Snit to have to mange 3 sh*tty starters and a few weak spots in the bullpen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Camargo is absolute trash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebe10 View Post
    Fck I feel awful for Snit to have to mange 3 sh*tty starters and a few weak spots in the bullpen.
    Hard to feel sorry for him tonight, given that any options other than Weigel, in a 8-7 game, would've been better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,513 Posts

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-04-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I can wrap my head around the Weigel decision. The Culberson move was pretty strange.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    I can wrap my head around the Weigel decision. The Culberson move was pretty strange.
    Honestly, the Culberson decision makes an odd kind of sense, but only because of the Weigel decision.

Snitker brought in Weigel because, galdarnit, he wasn't going to burn any more of his bullpen on this day—no matter the circumstances. Once it became clear that Weigel probably couldn't get out of the inning without further ****ting the bed, he had no choice but to bring in Culberson—because any other option would've meant further burning the actual bullpen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Honestly, the Culberson decision makes an odd kind of sense, but only because of the Weigel decision.

Snitker brought in Weigel because, galdarnit, he wasn't going to burn any more of his bullpen on this day—no matter the circumstances. Once it became clear that Weigel probably couldn't get out of the inning without further ****ting the bed, he had no choice but to bring in Culberson—because any other option would've meant further burning the actual bullpen.
    But in a close game usually the move managers make, after the guy they hope saves the pen fails to do so, is to go ahead and use one of the pen guys. I just don't think I've ever seen a position player used in a situation like that. Maybe this is just part of the weirdness of this season.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    But in a close game usually the move managers make, after the guy they hope saves the pen fails to do so, is to go ahead and use one of the pen guys. I just don't think I've ever seen a position player used in a situation like that. Maybe this is just part of the weirdness of this season.

v

Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Snit gon' Snit.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    I don’t understand that when a guy warms up he is shot for the day. They played toss with someone. If that shot their arm then we have bigger issues. Twit is a fkng idiot.
    Coppy

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts
    What I don’t understand is how Snit can say Pache isn’t ready to hit when called up so he’s not going to put the kid in high leverage spots yet he puts Weigel in a one run game???
    I don’t get it big Dan

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Buzzworm For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-05-2020)

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Snit was content splitting the double header today, which was clearly evident by his moves throughout game number two.

Going with Ynoa too long
    L. Jackson in high leverage
    Grant Dayton after FF tied the game
    Weigel debut in a one run game
    And then bring in Culberson to pitch with the bases loaded

Our offense just kept pulling the game within reach. If he had tried to manage this game to win, we would’ve won.

This poses a larger issue which is Snit truly lacks a killer instinct. He’s made indefensible decisions non-stop, but continues to churn out wins and division championships thankfully due to the talent around him. We are winning bc of the talent on the roster, not bc of him.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tululush View Post
    Snit was content splitting the double header today, which was clearly evident by his moves throughout game number two.

Going with Ynoa too long
    L. Jackson in high leverage
    Grant Dayton after FF tied the game
    Weigel debut in a one run game
    And then bring in Culberson to pitch with the bases loaded

Our offense just kept pulling the game within reach. If he had tried to manage this game to win, we would’ve won.

This poses a larger issue which is Snit truly lacks a killer instinct. He’s made indefensible decisions non-stop, but continues to churn out wins and division championships thankfully due to the talent around him. We are winning bc of the talent on the roster, not bc of him.
    Well you usually win or lose based on talent and luck. But yes twit is an idiot. It looks clear that he wasn’t going to use certain guys unless he had to and sometimes that is fine. You wanna keep guys fresh and losing one game is not the end of the world. We still have Fried going and tomlin if managed right should give you 3 or 4 solid innings.
    Coppy

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by salmagundy View Post
    I'm not impressed with Weigel. Faced 7 batters, threw 36 pitches, 19 for strikes, gave up 2 hits, 3 BBs, 0 Ks, and 2 runs in .2 IP. His ERA is 27.00
    For awhile, I thought Weigel's ERA was going to be infinity, but he got an out so it will remain in outer orbit.

Snitker doesn't seem to understand the concept of the opener (or when to pull a pitcher). Why send Ynoa out in the third? He hadn't pitched that well to merit another inning. This isn't the first time for Snitker with the issue of starting an inning with a pitcher that should remain in the dugout. He did the same thing with Erlin last week and if I look back through the box scores, my guess is he's done it a few more times. It's odd, because he did the right thing in the first game with Milone.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

clvclv (09-05-2020), jpx7 (09-05-2020), salmagundy (09-05-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    It seems like Martin, Melancon, and Matzek should have been available.

I guess if Tomlin/Matzek is the pitching plan that takes Matzek out but it's weird you would be that concerned about the other two.

The usual move would be to throw Melancon in the top of the 7th.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Southcack77 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-05-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    I don’t understand that when a guy warms up he is shot for the day. They played toss with someone. If that shot their arm then we have bigger issues. Twit is a fkng idiot.
    Guys have saved two games in a double header so it's not like it's a hard rule.

I think the explanation though is probably that the org has met on trying to preserve the bullpen.

Throwing three pen games out of five probably makes that imperative.

With the Braves in a good position in division and playoffs they're probably willing to trade risk of losing for health. But seems like he might have still misplayed it.

Throwing Melancon in 7th was the play, but I think he wanted to get Weigel in because he was the fresh arm.

Then down three he felt the win probability was low so he might as well save pen.

I

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I would assume we’re getting nothing from Albies the rest of the year. He’s been supposed to be back soon for over a month and considering the injury there’s no guarantee that we’ll get better production from him than from Camargo if he does come back.

Put Albies in the Hamels category. If he comes back healthy it would be a great bonus To the team but don’t count on it.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippyjms View Post
    I would assume we’re getting nothing from Albies the rest of the year. He’s been supposed to be back soon for over a month and considering the injury there’s no guarantee that we’ll get better production from him than from Camargo if he does come back.

Put Albies in the Hamels category. If he comes back healthy it would be a great bonus To the team but don’t count on it.
    ?

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    ?
    Excellent contribution