Page 174 of 229 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 4572

Thread: Looking Ahead - The 2020 Offseason Thread

Swallowed by Mark Bowman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,279 Posts
    Tigers are apparently close to a deal with Mazara.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Marwin to Boston.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Marwin to Boston.
    1 year $3m with up to $1m in incentives. I’d have signed him for that
    Get off my lawn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    AA very clearly doesn’t want many of these players given he has the resources to sign them so I’m a little confused as to what his plan is. I’m guessing he just wants to roll with the position players we have?

Called Up to the Major Leagues ixiXSolidXixi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Add Melancon or Shane Greene before they go to one of our rivals!!

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    1 year $3m with up to $1m in incentives. I’d have signed him for that
    2020 was an odd year, but for as bad as Camargo was last season, Gonzalez was worse. Plus for Gonzalez is that he can actually play OF.

I'm a little more bummed about Mazara, but with no DH, maybe he doesn't fit.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    AA very clearly doesn’t want many of these players given he has the resources to sign them so I’m a little confused as to what his plan is. I’m guessing he just wants to roll with the position players we have?
    Mazara is pretty terrible defensively, with no DH, that's an odd fit. Marwin wasnt great last year either. Also, let's wait and see what happens the next week or so before saying he's sitting at his desk twiddling his thumbs aye. We all know AA works in silence. Obviously would like to see him add some bullpen depth and another bat though.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    Without the DH, and Ozuna already entrenched in LF, Mazara didn’t really fit.

Miller, JBJ and RH BP arms seem to be the best fits for this roster. JBJ is probably too expensive, but the Braves need a LHH OFer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post

Miller, JBJ and RH BP arms seem to be the best fits for this roster. JBJ is probably too expensive, but the Braves need a LHH OFer.
    If any way we can trade Ender then i think we have a chance to sign JBJ and save some money for a reliever.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixiXSolidXixi View Post
    If any way we can trade Ender then i think we have a chance to sign JBJ and save some money for a reliever.
    Why in the world would any team take Ender so the Braves can sign JBJ rather than just signing JBJ themselves?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts
    I'm torn on if Bowman is "fed" any tidbits from the front office, but his latest mailbag isn't exactly encouraging. Really hoping AA snatches up some of these bargains that remain for bullpen arms.

-He seems to think Melancon and Greene are seeking multi year deals which the Braves can't afford.

-He hints that the Braves have a solid bullpen in place, while stating the bench is a bigger need for their remaining funds.

https://www.mlb.com/braves/news/brav...plans-for-2021

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    I'm torn on if Bowman is "fed" any tidbits from the front office, but his latest mailbag isn't exactly encouraging. Really hoping AA snatches up some of these bargains that remain for bullpen arms.

-He seems to think Melancon and Greene are seeking multi year deals which the Braves can't afford.

-He hints that the Braves have a solid bullpen in place, while stating the bench is a bigger need for their remaining funds.

Dont agree on the bullpen, and if Greene/MM dont have multi year deals now, when are they gonna get them? Bullpen isnt awful but they need another piece or two there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,513 Posts

The Braves feed Bowman morsels every now and then. There’s a ton of weight behind his words.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

nsacpi (02-11-2021)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    The bench is in far worse shape than the BP. The Braves are full of guys who can contribute out of the BP. Their bench options right now are Ender and Camargo, which is pathetic.

AA needs to add MLB players to the bench, period. He needs at least 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Why in the world would any team take Ender so the Braves can sign JBJ rather than just signing JBJ themselves?
    You never know Braves acquired Bronson Arroyo and Touki before.

Bronson Arroyo make 9.5 millions that one year.
    Last edited by ixiXSolidXixi; 02-11-2021 at 09:09 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixiXSolidXixi View Post
    You never know Braves acquired Bronson Arroyo and Touki before.

Bronson Arroyo make 9.5 millions that one year.
    Now I see what you meant. Selling a prospect to make room for JBJ is a pretty solid plan...depending on the prospect obviously.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,989 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tululush View Post
    So the Mets have the prospects to swing this deal? I was under the impression that it would take a serious amount of quantity and quality to land Chapman.
    The Mets don't have the prospects to get it done, imo. They'd have to include Nimmo/Smith most likely. But those guys are also starting to get expensive, so I don't see how they much up that well with Oakland.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,989 Posts

Jay Bruce.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

Think Reddick and Bruce are fits, actually a little surprised neither has been scooped up yet.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

If Melancon and Greene think they're getting multi-year deals in this market, they're going to have a lot of explaining to do when their wives want to go shopping.

The pen is "fine" as is if that's the case - adding Arano, Edwards, and Jones on minor league deals alleviates the need to add extra veteran RPs on guaranteed deals for the sake of competition and depth, plus there's a legitimate chance we've seen the last of Touki as a SP.

The bench certainly needs more help - if the money's there to add one LH bench bat and one of Melancon or Greene or a LH OF bat (Reddick or Bruce) and a LH utility guy (Miller, Cabrera, or Holt), it should be a pretty simple choice. I was hoping for Melancon AND the two bats, but I definitely wouldn't give him a second year to make it happen.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?