Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman
    Braves haven’t given up on re-signing Marcell Ozuna. There’s a difference in dollars, but they haven’t replaced him, he hasn’t found another job and spring is 2 weeks away.
    Are we talking $5 or $5 million? I don't mind spotting AA a $50 if he needs help, but that's about it.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tululush View Post
    Yay. Another NLE team improving while we do nothing. Yes, we signed two pitchers months ago, but Bauer and deGrom are going to absolutely mow through our fearsome trio of Ender, Camargo and Pache.
    Um. Folty could mow that group down. If that is our lineup then I would give degrom and Bauer the series off.
    Coppy

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Bowman left some crumbs? I find that hard to believe.
    He said crumbs not nuggets. He misses a few crumbs sometimes. Never leaves nuggets though.
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebe10 View Post
    Of course dollars are difference....it’s the Braves...and I’m almost positive that this is what’s holding up the Freddie extension...He wants to make sure he doesn’t have Josh Reddick or Travis D’Arnaud protecting him in the lineup before he commits. I’d take off to SoCal if I was him..to a team that serious and committed to winning.
    There’s the derp. We’ve missed that level of stupid around here.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,989 Posts
    We have Freddie, Acuna, Ozzie, TDA, and Swanson, and people think our offense is gonna be anemic...

We could literally sign Matt Joyce and Duvall fot LF and go with Ender/Pache in CF and our offense would still finish in the upper half of the league.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

clvclv (02-05-2021)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    We have Freddie, Acuna, Ozzie, TDA, and Swanson, and people think our offense is gonna be anemic...

We could literally sign Matt Joyce and Duvall fot LF and go with Ender/Pache in CF and our offense would still finish in the upper half of the league.
    the offense will be good regardless.
    adding Ozuna tho, with the pitching depth, sounds pretty damn nice.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,989 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    the offense will be good regardless.
    adding Ozuna tho, with the pitching depth, sounds pretty damn nice.
    Of course it does. I was more responding the doofuses (maybe doofi for plural?) who act like this offense will be terrible without a big addition.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Of course it does. I was more responding the doofuses (maybe doofi for plural?) who act like this offense will be terrible without a big addition.
    yeah, that's silly. there are a lot of ways to put together a productive offense and the Braves will have one.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts
    So with what you said...eliminating Acuna assuming he’s leading off...What bat in that lineup will be used to protect the former reigning NL MVP? Riley who can’t hit an off speed pitch? Going to bank of TDA on having another career half of season? Duvall who can only hit vs LH if he comes back?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    So with what you said...eliminating Acuna assuming he’s leading off...What bat in that lineup will be used to protect the former reigning NL MVP? Riley who can’t hit an off speed pitch? Going to bank of TDA on having another career half of season? Duvall who can only hit vs LH if he comes back?
    That's why they brought Chipper back. He can protect Freeman enough from the dugout
    Get off my lawn!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (02-05-2021), zedsdead (02-05-2021)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    do you have any data that suggests "protecting" hitters is important, or means anything?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts

I don’t think anyone thinks our offense will be bad. It will definitely be above average. The problem is with the Dodger’s pitching and elite offense....it HAS to be better than just “above average”, to get the Braves over that last hump.

It’s about doing enough to win a WS at this point...not just “having a good offense”. That’s a given at this point. Our pitching staff was “above average” minus injuries and we still made moves to make it even stronger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Lol @ everybody freaking out. AA will bring in another big bat or 2. They are probably working on a FF extension and wanna get that done first. The only bat that I would have liked that signed was Joc Pederson but that isn’t a big deal. Cruz couldn’t play here without the DH and it looks like we won’t have it this year. Ozuna will probably be back and maybe one other bat and bp arm like Greene.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,989 Posts
    "Protection" has been proven the be a myth. Freddie had better years in 2016 and 2017 when his "protection" was Nick Markakis, than he did 2019 when his "protection" was Josh Donaldson.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,989 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    I don’t think anyone thinks our offense will be bad. It will definitely be above average. The problem is with the Dodger’s pitching and elite offense....it HAS to be better than just “above average”, to get the Braves over that last hump.

It’s about doing enough to win a WS at this point...not just “having a good offense”. That’s a given at this point. Our pitching staff was “above average” minus injuries and we still made moves to make it even stronger.
    Again, I'm debating our offense needs improving. We still don't have anyone to play LF (or 3b if the plan is to play Riley in LF) and we don't have a back-up OFer, unless the plan is to start Pache with Ender as the 4th OF.

My post was directed entirely to the posters that think our offense will somehow be bad if we don't sign/trade for a big hitter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts
    "Protection" has been proven the be a myth. Freddie had better years in 2016 and 2017 when his "protection" was Nick Markakis, than he did 2019 when his "protection" was Josh Donaldson.
    Oh you mean aside from the fact that he drove in 30+ more runs alone in the19’ season with Donaldson behind him? Teams were more inclined to pitch to him more because of the power bat behind him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    Lol @ everybody freaking out. AA will bring in another big bat or 2. They are probably working on a FF extension and wanna get that done first. The only bat that I would have liked that signed was Joc Pederson but that isn’t a big deal. Cruz couldn’t play here without the DH and it looks like we won’t have it this year. Ozuna will probably be back and maybe one other bat and bp arm like Greene.
    Confidence, I like it.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    Protection is stupid. But I don’t need Any stats to tell me that if I am a pitcher with a runner on second and one or two out I’m not giving Freddie Freeman anything to hit especially with TDA behind him and all the other garbage behind that
    Coppy

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    And poor Acuna Is going to have 30 home runs with 33 RBIs this year
    Coppy

22. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

Carp (02-05-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    So if DH is out and we get ozuna, Duvall out, right? Ender would be the replacement, right?