Page 118 of 229 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 4572

Thread: Looking Ahead - The 2020 Offseason Thread

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    i'm curious what a deal for Ramirez would look like.
    Fried and Soroka are valuable, but why would the Indians want them? they won't be competing while those guys are in their primes.
    i assume Pache would have to be involved. are there any stud pitchers in the system? maybe they'd demand Anderson? but even so, why waste basically at least 2 years of his career on a bad team?
    i feel like the Braves don't really have enough, but i wonder how close Pache gets you.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    i'm curious what a deal for Ramirez would look like.
    Fried and Soroka are valuable, but why would the Indians want them? they won't be competing while those guys are in their primes.
    i assume Pache would have to be involved. are there any stud pitchers in the system? maybe they'd demand Anderson? but even so, why waste basically at least 2 years of his career on a bad team?
    i feel like the Braves don't really have enough, but i wonder how close Pache gets you.
    Can't imagine any of the names you mention would be involved at all - AA isn't going to trade important pieces of the current roster. That would be going backwards.

Probably looking at Riley, Waters, Contreras or Langeliers, and an arm or Ball.

Not saying I wouldn't do that, but any deal for Ramirez or Suarez will absolutely wipe out what's left of the Braves' farm system.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Can't imagine any of the names you mention would be involved at all - AA isn't going to trade important pieces of the current roster. That would be going backwards.

Probably looking at Riley, Waters, Contreras or Langeliers, and an arm or Ball.
    if it's for Jose Ramirez, you're not really going backwards.
    feel like the Indians have taken quantity over quality, but Ramirez should have won AL MVP last year and is super cheap for 3 more years. i doubt you get him without ponying up at least one legit stud-like player/prospect, and none of the guys you listed are close to that.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    if it's for Jose Ramirez, you're not really going backwards.
    feel like the Indians have taken quantity over quality, but Ramirez should have won AL MVP last year and is super cheap for 3 more years. i doubt you get him without ponying up at least one legit stud-like player/prospect, and none of the guys you listed are close to that.

I think I disagree. All the trades seem to be about quantity rather than quality this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,992 Posts
    Boob: NY #Mets emerge as favorites for free agent pitcher Trevor Bauer with record-setting average annual contract offer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,992 Posts
    Carrabis: how about this JayHay......I’ve got a #source who tells me the Braves are kicking the tires on a big name third baseman......and it ain’t Jose Ramirez. same source gave me Ozuna and Morton before they broke

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Ramirez has roughly 80 million in surplus value on the low end and 120 million on the high end. Let's split the difference and say 100 million. Either way, I don't think we're getting him without giving up one of Pache or Anderson. Either player gets you roughly half way there. Then have them select 1 from Wright, Riley, Wilson, Waters, but let it be based off their 1st selection so they don't select 2 pitchers or 2 position players. Then add a couple more decent prospects in the 10-20 range.

Package could look like this (my personal surplus values attached)

Anderson 60+ million
    Riley 25 million
    Davidson 10 million
    Jenista ~5 million

That would be roughly an equivalent package, imo. And I would prefer to trade Anderson over Pache given the inherent risk to pitchers. But having Waters does give us a bit of a luxury to trade Pache if we were getting back a truly elite player like Ramirez.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts
    They aren't trading Anderson lol. It would look something like Waters/Riley/Wright or Muller. Maybe plug in a catcher for Riley.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Just a guess, but until they get the virus under control better than it is at present I'm kinda expecting the 26-man rosters and taxi squads to stay in place - at least at the start of the season.

I guess you have a point about Panda - I didn't think about the fact that he'll be taking ABs away from Mayfield and Kazmar.
    Hardly world-beaters, but at least they know what to do with a baseball glove. For the record, I think having Mayfield on the 40-man also borders on idiocy (same with Almonte and Garlick).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    Carrabis: how about this JayHay......I’ve got a #source who tells me the Braves are kicking the tires on a big name third baseman......and it ain’t Jose Ramirez. same source gave me Ozuna and Morton before they broke
    Bryant?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,992 Posts
    Heyman:JT Realmuto situation feels like it’s coming to a head. Phillies — believed at about $110M — are trying to close the deal. Braves and Realmuto said to have mutual interest, as
    @ByRobertMurray
    reported. But Atlanta is thought to prefer shorter deal and has d’Arnaud thru ‘21.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atl717 View Post
    They aren't trading Anderson lol. It would look something like Waters/Riley/Wright or Muller. Maybe plug in a catcher for Riley.
    I didn't say they would trade Anderson. The question was asked about what it would cost. That is the cost, regardless of whether or not we would realistically pay that cost.

Your proposal is not even remotely close in value.
    Last edited by Carp; 01-26-2021 at 11:30 AM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Please be Chapman!

But I'll take Suarez.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

Hudson2 (01-26-2021)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atl717 View Post
    um, yeah, that won't even come remotely close to getting it done.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    I think I disagree. All the trades seem to be about quantity rather than quality this year.
    who's been traded that's an MVP candidate with 3 years of cheap, prime control tho?
    there's no real reference for this. i'd be shocked if one of the top guys doesn't have to go in return. Waters is not headlining this kind of deal.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    If you trade Rameriz you are going full rebuild. As good as Anderson is, you may be looking more at prospects. I'm not sure they'd want Riley to be honest.

You might need to go Waters + Langeliers/Contreras + Shewmake + 2 of Wilson/Touki/Davidson/Muller/Wright. The sell is you potentially fill a hole at OF, C, SS and arms with guys not that far away.

Arbitration Eligible Freshmaker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    Bryant?
    Yeah would have to think it's either him or maybe Turner. Doubt we'd try for Arenado

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts
    Boob: NY #Mets emerge as favorites for free agent pitcher Trevor Bauer with record-setting average annual contract offer.
    This is the type of lunatic that would immediately ruin the team chemistry in any organization. All about self promotion.

Bauer has stressed on his YouTube channel that he’s seeking a “partnership” with a win-now team that will support his desire to grow his brand on social media and have an “honest” conversation about him pitching every fourth day. The Mets, Angels and Blue Jays have all been linked to Bauer in recent weeks, and other pitching-needy teams are surely at least keeping tabs on his market.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Hmm... I don't think they are still trying to compete after dumping Clevinger, Lindor, and Carrasco... the talent is simply not there anymore.
    As currently constructed, they still have the pieces to make a run at a wild card spot in the AL, although they probably are well behind the white sox at this point. They still have Bieber and Plesac, who were both great last year. And young stud Tristan McKenzie. And other young pitchers prospects. This is why they took major league ready talent back from the Mets.

Now if they trade Ramirez, they definitely won't be in compete mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Please be Chapman!

But I'll take Suarez.
    Chapman would be amazing.