Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sandoval. Pablo. Man. Woman. Camera.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    And some are both. Bartolo. Harang. Those are Braves legends.
    Don’t forget about Laird. Eating innings behind the plate is just as valuable as on the mound.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-17-2020), nsacpi (09-17-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Not sure if he was added or not but according to this he would of needed to been on the 40 man roster a couple of days ago to be eligible

Just saw some clarification on Twitter. Sandoval can still be added if there is an injury in the post season. Also, since Folty was taken off the 40 man, he can only be activated on the post season roster if there is an injury also.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Just saw some clarification on Twitter. Sandoval can still be added if there is an injury in the post season. Also, since Folty was taken off the 40 man, he can only be activated on the post season roster if there is an injury also.
    Just a guess, but there are probably moves that might not have been announced yet. If Folty's 95+ looks good and has been effective, are they really gambling that Wright's adjustments are going to hold up as your Game 4 starter in the playoffs? If he struggles and they can't even add Folty for the second round you've really put yourself behind the 8-Ball.

Of course I don't think you can cut someone loose while they're on the IL (Milone), so they don't really have someone else to DFA unless they were willing to expose Jackson, A-Jax, Dayton, or Webb to waivers.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Just a guess, but there are probably moves that might not have been announced yet. If Folty's 95+ looks good and has been effective, are they really gambling that Wright's adjustments are going to hold up as your Game 4 starter in the playoffs? If he struggles and they can't even add Folty for the second round you've really put yourself behind the 8-Ball.

Of course I don't think you can cut someone loose while they're on the IL (Milone), so they don't really have someone else to DFA unless they were willing to expose Jackson, A-Jax, Dayton, or Webb to waivers.
    We don't know if Folty has looked good or been effective. That's what the brass has told us. They wouldn't say anything different. Still, he's not on the 40 man and the deadline to be on the 40 man for the playoffs has already passed. Therefore, the only way Folty can play in the playoffs is if someone else gets injured in the playoffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Don’t forget about Laird. Eating innings behind the plate is just as valuable as on the mound.
    plus the veteran laidership
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-17-2020)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    There are a number of guys who can get forearm tightness. Knee cramps. Back spasms. Menstrual cramps. What ever.
    Coppy

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

clvclv (09-17-2020), jpx7 (09-17-2020)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    We don't know if Folty has looked good or been effective. That's what the brass has told us. They wouldn't say anything different. Still, he's not on the 40 man and the deadline to be on the 40 man for the playoffs has already passed. Therefore, the only way Folty can play in the playoffs is if someone else gets injured in the playoffs.
    No doubt - and I've constantly *itched about the lack of information coming from the alternate site the entire time.

That said, expecting to hear about roster moves having been made from Mouthpiece 1 and Mouthpiece 2 (DOB and Bowman) is asking a little much - when was the last time they published something that someone here hadn't already found on Twitter? The point is that they may have made a move to add Folty back to the 40-Man Roster that they just haven't told the mouthpieces they can announce it yet. The Commissioner's office had to be notified, not the fans.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    There are a number of guys who can get forearm tightness. Knee cramps. Back spasms. Menstrual cramps. What ever.
    Right. Somebody is coming down with something if they need it.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    That's been the rule every year, for many years.

And every year some folks fret about guys not being eligible.

And every year teams conveniently find an injury to an under-performing or under-utilized player, and replace them with somebody they think can help in October.

But I guess such rituals are culturally important, if ultimately meaningless.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Watching the Yankees/Jays and if there's one guy who makes Sandoval look slim by comparison it is young Fatimir Guerrero. The guy makes John Kruk look buff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    just wanted to bump this thread, the yugeness of which has not been fully appreciated
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

15. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

clvclv (10-13-2020)