PDA

View Full Version : CBB Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

NinersSBChamps
03-30-2014, 09:32 AM
Great game. I hate when these games come down to a call made by the referees though.

That being said if something is worthy of a whistle with 5 seconds left or it's 15 minutes left in the first half, it shouldn't make a difference. I don't get how people complain that you can't make a call with x amount of time left. If it's consistent throughout the game it doesn't matter.

Bj1133
03-30-2014, 02:22 PM
Might of got pushed into the lottery.

No he didn't and it is crazy to think that

CrimsonCowboy
03-30-2014, 03:02 PM
Michigan State has fallen apart.

Bj1133
03-30-2014, 03:09 PM
Michigan State has fallen apart.

Stopped going to Harris

NinersSBChamps
03-30-2014, 04:13 PM
Better team didn't win. Oh well that's what happens in a one and done tournament. Kevin Ollie is a piece of crap though. Couldn't even acknowledge the opponent. At least Izzo is classy win or lose. Florida better destroy these clowns.

holden
03-30-2014, 04:36 PM
Absolutely puzzling calls in this first half. Phantom walk on Johnson, phantom foul in Randle, no call on Randle getting hammered, that random call on Johnson just now.. And we're only at the under 8. Mind blowing.

CrimsonCowboy
03-30-2014, 04:55 PM
Kentucky's big men giving Michigan all sorts of trouble.

Bj1133
03-30-2014, 05:00 PM
Pretty sure Randle's only move is to lower his shoulder into the defender to create space

Heyward
03-30-2014, 05:15 PM
This ones over.

Michigan had a big lead, and the refs got UK back in it.

Cant see Michigan winning.

Expect Morgan to pick up a few fouls and get on the bench, then it will be a route in the 2nd half.

Bj1133
03-30-2014, 06:05 PM
Not a Kentucky fan at all, but they have delivered three straight great games to watch.

CrimsonCowboy
03-30-2014, 06:14 PM
Wow at Aaron Harrison!

Bj1133
03-30-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm a Big 10 guy, but I'll be rooting for UK vs Wisconsin. Who doesn't want to see a Championship matchup of Florida and Kentucky

Heyward
03-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Congrats to UK.

Whatever "adjustment" Cal made is working.

Comes down to UK's pros are pretty much playing like pros now.

NinersSBChamps
03-30-2014, 07:21 PM
Congrats to UK.

Whatever "adjustment" Cal made is working.

Comes down to UK's pros are pretty much playing like pros now.
His players reached a clause in their contracts...

Heyward
03-30-2014, 08:08 PM
His players reached a clause in their contracts...

Well, the Harrisons werent making those shots early in the year.

Seems everything they throw up late-in game is going in.

Now, for whatever reason they are, Cal sold his soul to the devil :Sad:

thethe
03-30-2014, 08:16 PM
Is it possible that Calipari is a good coach?

Millwood1Hitter
03-30-2014, 08:20 PM
Calipari is a good coach...but the ultimate slim ball.

Heyward
03-30-2014, 08:44 PM
Is it possible that Calipari is a good coach?

Yes, but he's pretty much got an NBA team.

There's probably 7-8 pros on that team.

Not like he's coaching a bunch of 3-stars here.

thethe
03-30-2014, 08:46 PM
Yes, but he's pretty much got an NBA team.

There's probably 7-8 pros on that team.

Not like he's coaching a bunch of 3-stars here.

The fact of having all pro-prospects could present unique challenges that make his job just as difficult as other head coaches. But, I'm sure anyone would choose those problems in exchange for the talent.

Heyward
03-30-2014, 09:03 PM
I will admit i was wrong on the One and Done thing.

Im sure holden and others will bump it when UK wins it all.

Talent trumps all.

Heyward
03-30-2014, 09:15 PM
The fact of having all pro-prospects could present unique challenges that make his job just as difficult as other head coaches. But, I'm sure anyone would choose those problems in exchange for the talent.

Most coaches would take that problem of having too much talent.

He is a better coach than some on here say (BRule)

Making 3 FF's in 4 years is pretty damn impressive anyway you put it.

Seems his teams play loose, and make clutch plays late, while others get tight.

BlackwaterPark
03-30-2014, 09:21 PM
I'm a Big 10 guy, but I'll be rooting for UK vs Wisconsin. Who doesn't want to see a Championship matchup of Florida and Kentucky

Me......

gilesfan
03-30-2014, 09:37 PM
I don't want to see them play, what, a 4th time?

I'm rooting for Wisconsin just bc. I like the way they play and Ryan is a great coach. Really don't care for Uconn or Florida.

Heyward
03-30-2014, 09:54 PM
Only reason i hope Florida wins is they might have the best shot to beat UK, probably will lose to UConn but whatever.

UK is gonna drill the Badgers by 20-30, wont even be close.

holden
03-30-2014, 10:25 PM
C

holden
A

holden
T

holden
S

holden
CATS
CATS
CATS

(ps Cal is a horrible coach)

gilesfan
03-31-2014, 08:53 AM
Only reason i hope Florida wins is they might have the best shot to beat UK, probably will lose to UConn but whatever.

UK is gonna drill the Badgers by 20-30, wont even be close.

If you would like to meet up, I will bring $500 and bet you Badgers +25 point. Deal?

AerchAngel
03-31-2014, 09:37 AM
Well, the Harrisons werent making those shots early in the year.

Seems everything they throw up late-in game is going in.

Now, for whatever reason they are, Cal sold his soul to the devil :Sad:

Yes Al Pacino has Cal's soul.

AerchAngel
03-31-2014, 09:38 AM
I will admit i was wrong on the One and Done thing.

Im sure holden and others will bump it when UK wins it all.

Talent trumps all.

With a Yankees payroll, you can get anyone.

Heyward
03-31-2014, 10:34 AM
If you would like to meet up, I will bring $500 and bet you Badgers +25 point. Deal?

That was reverse mojo, maybe not 25+, but i'd be pretty surprised if Wisconsin won.

Most likely 5-10, it will be a layup drill all game for UK.

NinersSBChamps
03-31-2014, 11:24 AM
That was reverse mojo, maybe not 25+, but i'd be pretty surprised if Wisconsin won.

Most likely 5-10, it will be a layup drill all game for UK.

Have you not watched them play at all this season?

Heyward
03-31-2014, 11:27 AM
Have you not watched them play at all this season?

Some, yes.

But cant see them beat UK.

BRule
03-31-2014, 11:34 AM
Wisconsin is REALLY good, would be shocked if either team won by more than 7-8 points.

NinersSBChamps
03-31-2014, 11:35 AM
Some, yes.

But cant see them beat UK.

They are extremely disciplined. They never foul and they flop with the best of them. They value the ball seeing as they commit very few turnovers. Typical Bo Ryan team only this team can score the ball in addition to their sound defensive mindset.

All that being said I hate college basketball right now.

Rose Bowl Champs!

holden
04-01-2014, 09:15 AM
With a Yankees payroll, you can get anyone.

Hate on, haters!

NinersSBChamps
04-01-2014, 11:28 AM
Hate on, haters!

And three weeks ago you were ready to call it a season.

BRule
04-01-2014, 11:41 AM

He gave up 3 minutes into the Louisville game....Kentucky fans are the best.

gilesfan
04-01-2014, 12:23 PM

Coming from someone that gives up on all of his/her teams?

NinersSBChamps
04-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Coming from someone that gives up on all of his/her teams?

Don't give up. Just have realistic expectations.

Heyward
04-01-2014, 01:21 PM
Gary Harris likely going to the NBA.

holden
04-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Kentucky rounding into form, prime for a BIG tournament run......

bump

holden
04-01-2014, 01:26 PM
I have niners on ignore, but since you guys are quoting him: find out where I said I was ready to give up on the team. I said the year had sucked and our freshmen had no idea how to play basketball, which was all true at the time.

Credit Cal for getting them to figure it out just in time. 4 Elite Eights in 5 years, 3 Final Fours in 4... Yeah, he's terrible.

holden
04-01-2014, 01:34 PM
Kentucky LOLCats

bump

holden
04-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Chane dismissed from team and Ware redshirting....that season was fun.

bump

Heyward
04-01-2014, 01:56 PM
I have niners on ignore, but since you guys are quoting him: find out where I said I was ready to give up on the team. I said the year had sucked and our freshmen had no idea how to play basketball, which was all true at the time.

Credit Cal for getting them to figure it out just in time. 4 Elite Eights in 5 years, 3 Final Fours in 4... Yeah, he's terrible.

They have 7-8 1st round picks on the roster, what a genius he is for getting them to play well.

:icwudt:

holden
04-01-2014, 02:02 PM
Good point. If only Roy had been coaching them, who knows where they'd be!

BRule
04-01-2014, 02:22 PM
bump

Louisville was preseason #4? I think.......they lost in the 3rd round....losing Chane ended any repeat hopes we had. So thanks for the bump, I was correct.

Heyward
04-01-2014, 02:44 PM
Good point. If only Roy had been coaching them, who knows where they'd be!

In the same spot, probably.

NinersSBChamps
04-01-2014, 02:50 PM
Gary Harris likely going to the NBA.

Not surprising in the least. Izzo also has his players best interest in mind as well. As usual Tom will research and get all the information he can from the league and how they see Harris as an NBA player. Izzo basically said if his expectations are confirmed that Harris will be one of the top guards to be drafted, he would want Gary to leave for his own benefit. Class act all the way around.

BRule
04-01-2014, 03:31 PM
Harris is likely a lotto pick, can't see him coming back.

Heyward
04-01-2014, 03:31 PM
Not surprising in the least. Izzo also has his players best interest in mind as well. As usual Tom will research and get all the information he can from the league and how they see Harris as an NBA player. Izzo basically said if his expectations are confirmed that Harris will be one of the top guards to be drafted, he would want Gary to leave for his own benefit. Class act all the way around.

Thats how Roy is as well even though some on here say otherwise, and i'll all im going to say on that.

holden
04-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Thats how Roy is as well even though some on here say otherwise, and i'll all im going to say on that.

lol

BRule
04-02-2014, 04:12 PM
Chane arrested for marijuana possession after being pulled over in a car he was a passenger in. Good job, way to blow that 2nd chance.

Also, scouts are saying Parker is telling people he's coming back to Duke.

Heyward
04-03-2014, 03:32 PM
McAdoo going pro.

A little surprising given his stock isnt the highest right now, but best of luck to him.

3 years is more than most expected.

BRule
04-03-2014, 04:09 PM
2 years late

Heyward
04-03-2014, 04:20 PM
2 years late

For his stock, yes, he'd be out of the league if he left after his freshman year.

BRule
04-04-2014, 09:38 AM
For his stock, yes, he'd be out of the league if he left after his freshman year.

There is a 0% chance he'd be out of the league.....zero.

Heyward
04-04-2014, 10:27 AM
There is a 0% chance he'd be out of the league.....zero.

He wasnt NBA-ready at all after his freshman year.

BRule
04-04-2014, 10:34 AM
Plenty of players aren't ready but name a lotto pick that was out of the league after 2 years. McAdoo would've been a lotto pick if he came out that year.

The Chosen One
04-05-2014, 11:11 PM
Harrison strikes again.

zitothebrave
04-05-2014, 11:36 PM
So there's a 7 and 8 in the Finals. Awesome.

weso1
04-06-2014, 12:35 AM
UK talent decided to start playing in the tourney. Clearly the best talent in college basketball. College basketball just has a broken system right now and Calipari is the best at taking advantage of that system. Nothing wrong with that. He's playing within the rules.

Heyward
04-06-2014, 12:54 AM
UK talent decided to start playing in the tourney. Clearly the best talent in college basketball. College basketball just has a broken system right now and Calipari is the best at taking advantage of that system. Nothing wrong with that. He's playing within the rules.

Both of those shots vs Michigan were bad shots.

He misses, they lose, he gets slandered.

But hard to see them lose while winning the last 4 games the way they have.

gilesfan
04-07-2014, 09:44 AM
I gotta tip my cap to Holden and the Wildcats. Mainly the transformation of the Harrison twins who went from having no clue wtf they are doing to one of them being a stone cold killa.

Tonight will be tough though bc Napier has balls of steel

Millwood1Hitter
04-07-2014, 11:24 AM
LOL, Heyward, take off your light colored blue glasses.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Roy being honest with his players on whether to leave or not. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, don't you know, Ol Roy jus cant coach em at all without all tat top ten talent. It's a shame that only Ol Roy looks after Ol Roy, so maybe Ol Roy needs to get down on his knees beggin because you know its all about coachin those daggum kids and its sad that I don't get to coach those dadgum kids as long as I want to.

JMM after his freshman year was projected top 5 based on potential. Ol Roy lied and cried to him, now he will be lucky to be a second round pick after he has been exposed. And what exactly has Ol Roy done to develop JMM up to this point? Ol Roy cost this kid millions, as he no longer is will get a free pass and get drafted on his potential, and instead drafting for what he is, which is a fringe NBA player that lacks anytype of offensive aresenal and plays good defense. He might get a few 10 day contracts in his career. Hopefully, for his sake, he ends up on a good team and finds a role as a bench player that can play with some energy and become a lock down defender. And with the right coaching, he might get a second contract.

BRule
04-07-2014, 12:07 PM
Worst. finals. ever............................................fo r me.........................****.

Heyward
04-07-2014, 03:00 PM
LOL, Heyward, take off your light colored blue glasses.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Roy being honest with his players on whether to leave or not. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, don't you know, Ol Roy jus cant coach em at all without all tat top ten talent. It's a shame that only Ol Roy looks after Ol Roy, so maybe Ol Roy needs to get down on his knees beggin because you know its all about coachin those daggum kids and its sad that I don't get to coach those dadgum kids as long as I want to.

JMM after his freshman year was projected top 5 based on potential. Ol Roy lied and cried to him, now he will be lucky to be a second round pick after he has been exposed. And what exactly has Ol Roy done to develop JMM up to this point? Ol Roy cost this kid millions, as he no longer is will get a free pass and get drafted on his potential, and instead drafting for what he is, which is a fringe NBA player that lacks anytype of offensive aresenal and plays good defense. He might get a few 10 day contracts in his career. Hopefully, for his sake, he ends up on a good team and finds a role as a bench player that can play with some energy and become a lock down defender. And with the right coaching, he might get a second contract.

And please, Dook has had more players return than UNC does. UNC has had THREE mass-exodus' under Roy. K has had 0?

If/when Parker returns, you can stick that argument where the sun dont shine.

JMM is the ONLY exception, i will say that, BUT.

Roy wasnt the one who advised him to return, it was JMM's move, and his parents/HS coach.

Fact is every player that left UNC early under Roy was a 1st-rd pick.

Regarding top talent.

Who developed the likes of Paige, Tokoto, Brice Johnson all who were ranked in the 40-70's?

Oh wait........

Heyward
04-07-2014, 07:48 PM
I dont buy it, but take it FWIW, doubt it happens.

Rex Chapman ‏@rexchapman 1h
Was messin' 'round on Sat nite re: Cal. But word is - win or lose 2nite - it's a #DoneDeal ...Cal 2 La-La-Land 2 coach Mamba's Lakers. #NoBS

Bj1133
04-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Digger Phelps retiring from ESPN - this is a good day.

CrimsonCowboy
04-07-2014, 10:09 PM
Calipari coached teams having trouble at the free throw line in a NCAA title game. We've seen this movie before.................

holden
04-07-2014, 10:14 PM
Good run. Free throws and 2nd half officiating killed us.

Heyward
04-07-2014, 10:19 PM
Good run. Free throws and 2nd half officiating killed us.

WTF?

Refs, why does this not surprise me.

Heyward
04-07-2014, 10:21 PM
Congrats to UConn.

Not even sure they are the best "team", thank god its not UK.

CrimsonCowboy
04-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Congratulations Connecticut. What a job by Kevin Ollie. Outstanding.

What a tournament.

CK86
04-07-2014, 10:23 PM
Congrats to UConn.

If Cal's teams could shoot free throws, he'd be at 3 titles.

holden
04-07-2014, 10:27 PM
WTF?

Refs, why does this not surprise me.

That charge on Poythress was the worst call I've ever seen. Bar none.

Oh well. If we have Willie to defend the pick and roll.. Or if we make FTs... If if if. Hardest tournament to win in the world. Painful loss, but it was a great run. UConn played great.

Heyward
04-07-2014, 10:36 PM

Oh well. If we have Willie to defend the pick and roll.. Or if we make FTs... If if if. Hardest tournament to win in the world. Painful loss, but it was a great run. UConn played great.

UK was in the bonus in the 2nd half, UConn didnt get there until UK had to foul, but whatever.

Last part is true, Cal is still a great coach, hate him but he can coach, hope he goes to the Lakers>

AerchAngel
04-07-2014, 11:09 PM

And the three called on Travon the other night wasn't.

Get the Fuq out of here with your whining. They shouldn't even been playing tonight with how they allow the Gary Coleman twins and that convict Randle bogart with impunity in the lane last game.

AerchAngel
04-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Digger Phelps retiring from ESPN - this is a good day.

It's a party like 1999 day.

The douche is gone, YES YES YES YES YES!!!

gilesfan
04-07-2014, 11:16 PM
The old saying is guards win you titles in the NCAA. That was a huge mismatch in the backcourt and Kentucky just couldn't overcome it. Mehta and they never really figured out how to play defense.

holden
04-07-2014, 11:27 PM
And the three called on Travon the other night wasn't.

Get the Fuq out of here with your whining. They shouldn't even been playing tonight with how they allow the Gary Coleman twins and that convict Randle bogart with impunity in the lane last game.

What? The 3 where Trayvon walked and jumped into the guy, and they still called the foul? What are you smoking?

Also, Randle a convict? He's pretty much a model citizen. GTFO with that ignorance.

holden
04-07-2014, 11:28 PM
The old saying is guards win you titles in the NCAA. That was a huge mismatch in the backcourt and Kentucky just couldn't overcome it. Mehta and they never really figured out how to play defense.

It's true. They just scored enough and kept it close and clutched up at the end.. But the clutch ran out tonight. Aaron missed a 3 from the corner to put us up 2, then missed the front end of a 1-and-1.. But he's the absolute last person to hate on. Can only do it so much.

AerchAngel
04-07-2014, 11:33 PM
What? The 3 where Trayvon walked and jumped into the guy, and they still called the foul? What are you smoking?

Also, Randle a convict? He's pretty much a model citizen. GTFO with that ignorance.

Typical UK fan. No wonder I can't stand their asses as they are stupid and insufferable. Can't stand the heat when they lose always blaming someone or something, but when called out they whine like the little bitches they are.

I wonder if getting paid was worth it for some of their players. HA HA!! The three white boys at the end of the bench got paid to keep their team GPA above NCAA requirements.

Heyward
04-07-2014, 11:33 PM

Think hes talking about how Randle plays where he can get away with murder and never get called for a foul.

Also travels a LOT and its never called.

AerchAngel
04-07-2014, 11:34 PM
Think hes talking about how Randle plays where he can get away with murder and never get called for a foul.

Also travels a LOT and its never called.

Wow, someone who get's it. You saw it a mile away.

Told you Kentucky fans are stupid and delusional.

holden
04-07-2014, 11:48 PM
Oh, my bad - forgot you were a total idiot. Won't waste my time.

AerchAngel
04-07-2014, 11:58 PM
Oh, my bad - forgot you were a total idiot. Won't waste my time.

Yep, neon sign right above your head.

It says "SORE LOSER"

and a smaller sign "Signed, a hick from Kaintucky"

Heyward
04-08-2014, 12:03 AM
UK had 28 less fouls called against them in the entire tournament.

NONE of their starters had a foul called on them in the 1st half tonight, but sure lets blame the refs for losing.

AerchAngel
04-08-2014, 12:09 AM

NONE of their starters had a foul called on them in the 1st half tonight, but sure lets blame the refs for losing.

They sure in hell charged a lot and not many called, even the announcers was like "that wasn't a charge?" in bewilderment.

Justice was done, those primadonnas got what was coming to them.....finally and their fans are the most whiniest bunch of bitches i have ever seen. Even worst than Patriot fans and that is saying something.

BRule
04-08-2014, 09:28 AM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM HAMMER

holden
04-08-2014, 10:38 AM
Oh, I forgot: Foul disparity is the definitive way to determine how well a game was officiated. Good stuff, guys! Thanks for the input! You REALLY know basketball!

BRule
04-08-2014, 10:42 AM
You lost because your best player is in ****ty shape, you can't hit FT's and Cal got out-coached, again.....stop blaming the officials.

Louisville beat UConn by 40 and beat them 3 times this year....there is no way the game should have been close. UConn doesn't have close to your talent level

BRule
04-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Sad Kentucky player is sad

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/7eLv9qgn.dH49B.G.B24rg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTYzMTtweW9mZj0wO3E9Nz U7dz05NjA-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/82d03e73cdb1bc0d500f6a70670011d0.jpg

thethe
04-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Does Kevin Ollie come to the NBA now?

gilesfan
04-08-2014, 11:30 AM
There were a couple calls that went against Kentucky, but not sure how big of an impact they made. Kentucky just couldnt defend, it's amazing that they got to where they were giving up like 1.15 ppp.

The talent level for Kentucky was overstated, imo so I can't harp on Cal too much. He has all freshman playing and were asked to play a high screen/dribble drive offense that is difficult to defend when you have guys that arent experienced. Kentucky is longer, but their guards were able to blow by the twins at will. And while Kentucky did dominated down low a lot of the game, UConn had good length in the front court to slow down drives to the basket and Randle trying to be a bull in a chinashop.

gilesfan
04-08-2014, 11:32 AM

Is someone gonna hire him bc he was able to get int he tourney as a 7 seed and win with Calhoun's players? They had about as ideal a draw as you could expect for a team winning it all. They really, really should have lost to St. Joes. Iowa State without Ngiang. Mich State when they looked dead tired 5 mins into the game.

Heyward
04-08-2014, 11:33 AM

No, if anything he's about to get a huge extension somewhere either in UConn or elsewhere.

The job he did coaching that team was nothing short of magical.

BRule
04-08-2014, 11:34 AM

I can see him going either way, he seems like a great fit for college but he was also an NBA PG forever and PGs tend to make good coaches. The NBA will surely come calling, NBA players love him so that'll help. Apparently he is really close with KD

Heyward
04-08-2014, 11:35 AM
Oh, I forgot: Foul disparity is the definitive way to determine how well a game was officiated. Good stuff, guys! Thanks for the input! You REALLY know basketball!

What is, then?

UConn never got to the bonus until the end of the game in the 2nd half when UK had to foul.

It was 24 UK to 10 UConn in FT's.

I do not know how you can possibly blame the refs but here we are.

thethe
04-08-2014, 11:39 AM
I can see him going either way, he seems like a great fit for college but he was also an NBA PG forever and PGs tend to make good coaches. The NBA will surely come calling, NBA players love him so that'll help. Apparently he is really close with KD

Yes he is. I'm torn because I like Brooks and the job he has done getting hte team to where they are now but he is clearly an inferior coach. But, I of course want to win the title this year and if that happens they won't fire him. Ollie seems like the best long term coach for the Thunder. I have no clue what to think. The team LOVED him when he was there and credits him with a lot of their improvement.

gilesfan
04-08-2014, 11:39 AM
What is, then?

UConn never got to the bonus until the end of the game in the 2nd half when UK had to foul.

It was 24 UK to 10 UConn in FT's.

I do not know how you can possibly blame the refs but here we are.

So a team that shot a lot of jumpers didn't go to the FT line?

BRule
04-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Yes he is. I'm torn because I like Brooks and the job he has done getting hte team to where they are now but he is clearly an inferior coach. But, I of course want to win the title this year and if that happens they won't fire him. Ollie seems like the best long term coach for the Thunder. I have no clue what to think. The team LOVED him when he was there and credits him with a lot of their improvement.

OKC winning a ring would be horrible for your long term prospects, a ring means Brooks is there for another 6 years.

Heyward
04-08-2014, 11:52 AM
So a team that shot a lot of jumpers didn't go to the FT line?

No.

But blaming the refs is dumb.

Once Daniels/Boatwright got 2, it got UK back into the game.

UConn was close to blowing them out in the first half until that happened.

BRule
04-08-2014, 11:56 AM

To be fair....Kentucky always comes out flat....Cal baby!

Heyward
04-08-2014, 12:08 PM
TJ Warren to the NBA.

holden
04-08-2014, 08:58 PM
How did Louisville do in the Final Four?

holden
04-09-2014, 07:58 AM
Once Daniels/Boatwright got 2, it got UK back into the game.

Well, that and switching to the zone.. but yeah, Cal sucks and can't coach (3 Final Fours in 5 years, now 18-4 in the NCAA tournament at Kentucky) so let's not give him any credit.

gilesfan
04-09-2014, 08:18 AM
To be fair, it was easy to switch to zone without Daniels and Boatwright on the floor.

zitothebrave
04-09-2014, 08:26 AM
Will be fun when Cal leaves Kentucky and they find out something shady happened and vacate a season like happened at Memphis and UMass.

holden
04-09-2014, 08:41 AM
Some more reflections:

- What sucks is that UConn is the 5th-best team Kentucky played in this tournament. I have no idea what kind of rabbit's foot they have in these tournaments, but pretty much everyone they played had their worst game of the tournament against them. Maybe the credit goes to them for disrupting everyone so much... but Michigan State took 29 threes against them, Wilbekin was hurt when they played Florida, and they played Kentucky without their best defender and with Randle hurt (btw Budden you're a MF idiot. He's not in bad shape, he hurt his ankle against Wisconsin. Again, to be clear: you're an idiot.) I think everyone was fixated on what a crazy run Kentucky made that they didn't realize what UConn did was way more improbable. They should've lost their first game to St. Joe's! Ridiculous. This is 2 championships in 4 years for them where they just got hot, ran into everyone at the exact right time, and stole one.

- Just like in 2011, Kentucky gave up a championship to UConn by completely crapping the bed. The officiating was bad, but when you miss 11 free throws (one of those being the front end of a huge 1-and-1), go 5/16 from 3, and get outrebounded (still don't understand how that happened) in a National Championship game... you are going to lose. Kentucky's defense was never that great this year, but their offensive efficiency was amazing down the stretch in the tournament, up until this game. Aaron had a wide open 3 when we were down 1 late in the game.. but they were just out of gas. He's the last person to deserve any blame, and will go down as a Kentucky legend regardless.

- Another similarity to that 2011 Final Four game: there was a 4-5 minute stretch in the 2nd half where Kentucky was coming back, and within 3-4 points.. and kept stopping UConn.. but just could not score on offense. Same thing over and over. Those stretches lost them the game, both times. Painful.

- Wichita State is the best team Kentucky played all year. If they didn't run into Kentucky in the 2nd round, they win the whole thing. The selection committee is always bad, but they were particularly awful this year.

- Kentucky's last 3 opponents went 40/44 from the free throw line.

- Seriously, how do you fall for this?

http://i2.wp.com/www.diehardsport.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/nolan-.gif

Jay Bilas ‏@JayBilas Apr 7
One official needs to learn the laws of physics. A 250 pound man falling backwards as if shot on zero contact is a flop. Education!

- That's one of the worst calls I've ever seen. At an absolutely crucial juncture too. And the ref had a PERFECT view of it. College basketball officiating is just the worst.

I freaking HATE flopping. What a sweet, athletic move Alex Poythress made in the above gif.. but no, let's reward the flopping vagina who is too unathletic to make a play, so he just flails like he got shot. Pathetic. Should be an automatic technical, an ejection, and a 5 game ban. And yes, I know Kentucky's players flop too, sometimes.

- Doug Shows and Joe DeRosa in the title game? Is that really the best you can do, NCAA?

Kentucky's record in Doug Shows officiated games.. 58-21. He's called 11 technicals on UK since Cal got here. Great choice for a title game!

- I love that everyone acts like Kentucky is ruining college basketball and cheers against them.. meanwhile, UConn got off probation 2 weeks ago for major recruiting violations and was banned last year for not graduating players. They were literally working with a known NBA agent to get a commitment from a player who received all kinds of extra benefits. Oh, and Ryan Boatright's mom received at least $8,000 in "impermissible benefits" but he only had to sit out a few games. Gotta love college athletics.

holden
04-09-2014, 08:43 AM
Will be fun when Cal leaves Kentucky and they find out something shady happened and vacate a season like happened at Memphis and UMass.

should probably stfu instead of talking about a sport you know nothing about

http://blogs.gazette.com/paulklee/2014/04/07/ncaa-boy-those-ncaa-sanctions-really-hurt-uconn/

zitothebrave
04-09-2014, 08:49 AM
should probably stfu instead of talking about a sport you know nothing about

http://blogs.gazette.com/paulklee/2014/04/07/ncaa-boy-those-ncaa-sanctions-really-hurt-uconn/

So you're saying that Cal didn't have 2 shady events at the end/after he left his last 2 college jobs. I guess Camby and Rose never happened. Oh well.

holden
04-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Most tired argument ever. Camby was approached by NBA agents while he was at UMass and took money. Rose may or may not have taken his SAT, but the NCAA clearing house investigated it and cleared him. What did you want him to do, not play him?

BlackwaterPark
04-09-2014, 09:21 AM
Go Gators!

zitothebrave
04-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Most tired argument ever. Camby was approached by NBA agents while he was at UMass and took money. Rose may or may not have taken his SAT, but the NCAA clearing house investigated it and cleared him. What did you want him to do, not play him?

So it's a coincidence that they all happened late in Cal's careers if not after.

Heyward
04-09-2014, 10:35 AM
Well, that and switching to the zone.. but yeah, Cal sucks and can't coach (3 Final Fours in 5 years, now 18-4 in the NCAA tournament at Kentucky) so let's not give him any credit.

I never said he cant coach, thats BRule.

It's 18-3, not 18-4 btw.

BRule
04-09-2014, 10:55 AM
How did Louisville do in the Final Four?

Didn't make it....but went 3-0 vs the team you lost to. Pitino > Cal.....Cal is a below average in-game coach, not breaking any news there.

holden
04-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Didn't make it....but went 3-0 vs the team you lost to. Pitino > Cal.....Cal is a below average in-game coach, not breaking any news there.

LOLOLOLOL

Wow.. you went 3-0 against UConn? Too bad you didn't make it. Who beat you?

Had a week to prepare for us.. and STILL lost. To a team that starts 5 freshman. For the second time. Good call.

NinersSBChamps
04-09-2014, 11:38 AM
This thread is much more enjoyable now.

Cry baby is on ignore.

Heyward
04-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Not sure how BRule can say Pitino > Cal when Cal is 6-1 vs him at UK.

And Cal is 2-0 vs him in the NCAAT.

You dont make 3 FF's in 4 years by not being able to not coach.

BRule
04-09-2014, 11:57 AM
LOLOLOLOL

Wow.. you went 3-0 against UConn? Too bad you didn't make it. Who beat you?

Had a week to prepare for us.. and STILL lost. To a team that starts 5 freshman. For the second time. Good call.

You should beat us, Kentucky has worlds better talent than Louisville......Do any of Louisvilles starters play for Kentucky? Only Russ.....no one else would get any run on Kentucky other than a few minutes.

Heyward
04-09-2014, 12:10 PM
You should beat us, Kentucky has worlds better talent than Louisville......Do any of Louisvilles starters play for Kentucky? Only Russ.....no one else would get any run on Kentucky other than a few minutes.

Hancock/Trez would play for sure.

BRule
04-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Hancock/Trez would play for sure.

Hancock isn't playing over Young.....and Trez isn't playing over Randle

Heyward
04-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Hancock isn't playing over Young.....and Trez isn't playing over Randle

Off the bench.

Trez is a top-15 pick but yeah he wouldnt play :Alone:

BRule
04-09-2014, 01:08 PM
He wouldn't play over Randle....probably not over Cauley-Stein either.......you're making my point for me. Kentucky has the most talent in the country on their team.....they should be making FF's all the time.

holden
04-09-2014, 01:18 PM
So you're saying we have a great coach who recruits well and gets us to the Final Four most of the time, as he should?

What exactly are you trying to argue here?

BRule
04-09-2014, 02:10 PM
When did I say he was a great coach? Great recruiter? 100%

Heyward
04-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Embiid to the NBA.

holden
04-10-2014, 06:26 AM
When did I say he was a great coach? Great recruiter? 100%

lol, k. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Don't worry.. You keep your coach, and we'll keep ours, and we'll be happy.

Heyward
04-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Stauskas to the NBA, man i'd love to see OKC land him, guy is a beast.

BRule
04-11-2014, 09:19 AM
lol, k. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Don't worry.. You keep your coach, and we'll keep ours, and we'll be happy.

Not jealous, I'll take Pitino and you'll take Cal.....I'll take the Izzo or Pitino all day over the great recruiter and below average coach.

BRule
04-11-2014, 09:19 AM
Stauskas to the NBA, man i'd love to see OKC land him, guy is a beast.

Not an NBA athlete....don't see him translating well to the NBA

thethe
04-11-2014, 09:25 AM

I think when you can shoot like that you get more space to work with. He can't be the 1 guy and even a 2 guy on a top level team but man would I love him standing behind the 3 point line in OKC.

BRule
04-11-2014, 10:17 AM
I think when you can shoot like that you get more space to work with. He can't be the 1 guy and even a 2 guy on a top level team but man would I love him standing behind the 3 point line in OKC.

Have to be able to get your own shot, otherwise you're Steve Novak.....would be nice to see him turn himself into JJ Redick but he shouldn't be taken in the lotto.

AerchAngel
04-11-2014, 10:26 AM

If Reddick can produce a decent NBA career so can Stauskas. He is a much better athlete and equal or more deadly shooter (stats back it up) than Reddick.

gilesfan
04-11-2014, 10:29 AM
You people think Staukas is gonna make a good pro? He's white, slow, no length, and can't finish driving to the hole. So you guys love a player with 1 NBA skill?

thethe
04-11-2014, 10:39 AM
You people think Staukas is gonna make a good pro? He's white, slow, no length, and can't finish driving to the hole. So you guys love a player with 1 NBA skill?

Was Reddick that much better in college? This is an actual question as I have no clue what the answer is.

gilesfan
04-11-2014, 10:44 AM
Yes

BRule
04-11-2014, 11:05 AM
If Reddick can produce a decent NBA career so can Stauskas. He is a much better athlete and equal or more deadly shooter (stats back it up) than Reddick.

Redick wasn't a good pro his first 5-6 years....he turned himself into one by working his ass off.

JJ scored 27 PPG at Duke his last year, 10 more PPG than Nik

thethe
04-11-2014, 11:16 AM
Redick wasn't a good pro his first 5-6 years....he turned himself into one by working his ass off.

JJ scored 27 PPG at Duke his last year, 10 more PPG than Nik

Did he score more because he was given more of an opportunity to do so? Who had the deeper team?

Heyward
04-11-2014, 11:22 AM
Stauskas improved his game immensely from his first to second year.

Not saying he'll be Redick but he'd not a pure, stand-still shooter.

BRule
04-11-2014, 11:25 AM
He carried that team, it was a horrible Duke team their best 2 players after him were Shelden Williams and McRoberts

thethe
04-11-2014, 11:27 AM
He carried that team, it was a horrible Duke team their best 2 players after him were Shelden Williams and McRoberts

Well thats my point then...An aggregate number like PPG can be deceiving based on the situation. I'll defer to you guys on this one but I still wouldn't be upset if we got Stauskas outside the lottery.

AerchAngel
04-11-2014, 11:46 AM

2005/2006? horrible? They were ranked #1 It was the year he average 26.8 points a game.

Heyward
04-11-2014, 11:57 AM

LMAO.

Shelden, Paulus, Dockery, Randolph, McRoberts, probably someone else im forgetting.

What a bunch of scrubs.

BRule
04-11-2014, 12:30 PM
2005/2006? horrible? They were ranked #1 It was the year he average 26.8 points a game.

The year he averaged 27 per, Shelden was the only other player in double digits at like 17, I think....then McRoberts was next. It was a team full of scrubs

BRule
04-11-2014, 12:31 PM
LMAO.

Shelden, Paulus, Dockery, Randolph, McRoberts, probably someone else im forgetting.

What a bunch of scrubs.

Are you saying these people are good? If so..........LOL

gilesfan
04-11-2014, 12:53 PM
LMAO.

What a bunch of scrubs.

Are you claiming these guys are good?

Heyward
04-11-2014, 12:57 PM

I'm not claiming they are scrubs like BRule is.

At least in college.

Heyward
04-11-2014, 12:58 PM
Are you saying these people are good? If so..........LOL

It wasnt a team full of scrubs like you seem to think.

AerchAngel
04-11-2014, 01:02 PM

3 of them played or playing in the NBA now. Must be good to do that.

BRule
04-11-2014, 01:03 PM
It wasnt a team full of scrubs like you seem to think.

It was, not 1 other player is a NBA starter....the next best player on the team was Shelden Williams who was a total scrub in the NBA. At Duke he averaged 14 and 9.....McRoberts averaged 10 and 6 while at Duke......everyone else is a complete scrub.

Heyward
04-11-2014, 01:11 PM
It was, not 1 other player is a NBA starter....the next best player on the team was Shelden Williams who was a total scrub in the NBA. At Duke he averaged 14 and 9.....McRoberts averaged 10 and 6 while at Duke......everyone else is a complete scrub.

Excuses.

I was talking about college, not the NBA, try again.

And doesnt McRoberts start?

gilesfan
04-11-2014, 01:30 PM
3 of them played or playing in the NBA now. Must be good to do that.

were any of them worth a ****?

BRule
04-11-2014, 01:36 PM
Excuses.

I was talking about college, not the NBA, try again.

And doesnt McRoberts start?

None of them have good college stats, other than Shelden!!!!

Heyward
04-11-2014, 02:08 PM
None of them have good college stats, other than Shelden!!!!

You act like he played with a lard of ****.

That Dook team was real good, yawn.

AerchAngel
04-11-2014, 02:54 PM
were any of them worth a ****?

nope, including Redick.

BRule
04-11-2014, 02:59 PM
nope, including Redick.

False

AerchAngel
04-11-2014, 03:08 PM
False

Gee I wonder a career 9 pt scorer per game and no all star game appearances is considered good?

Okay, everyone in the NBA is a star according to your warp sense of statistics.

BRule
04-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Gee I wonder a career 9 pt scorer per game and no all star game appearances is considered good?

Okay, everyone in the NBA is a star according to your warp sense of statistics.

If you could read....you would have seen I said he was worthless his first 6 years....since then, he has turned himself into a good NBA player.

AerchAngel
04-11-2014, 03:34 PM
Average at best. Good is pushing it. If you say he is good, then you have to say JR Smith is good.

holden
04-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Who is on this Michigan team? GRIII and who?

BRule
04-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Average at best. Good is pushing it. If you say he is good, then you have to say JR Smith is good.

What? In what world are JR Smith and JJ Redick comparable players? Do you even watch basketball, bro?

BRule
04-11-2014, 03:52 PM

I assume you're just talking about this year....

GR3 and Levert are their best 2 players after Nik and after McGary went down.

If you talk about last year, it's not even close....this team + Burke and Hardaway.

Heyward
04-11-2014, 04:02 PM

MUCH worse than the Dook team with Redick but Stauskas is a scrub.

AerchAngel
04-11-2014, 05:10 PM
What? In what world are JR Smith and JJ Redick comparable players? Do you even watch basketball, bro?

Not that schit you call the NBA. I rather stick with college. When I played in the Euro league back in the day, I saw the pre-schit that was festering to that unwatchable crap we have now.

They are both shooting guards with similar points per game.

BRule
04-12-2014, 10:05 AM
Not that schit you call the NBA. I rather stick with college. When I played in the Euro league back in the day, I saw the pre-schit that was festering to that unwatchable crap we have now.

They are both shooting guards with similar points per game.

LOL........GTFOH.......JJ = JR hahahahahahahahahahha

thethe
04-12-2014, 10:43 AM

Didn't you say the Butler team was good even though they don't have any decent NBA players?

AerchAngel
04-12-2014, 11:19 AM
LOL........GTFOH.......JJ = JR hahahahahahahahahahha

Who's better?

BRule
04-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Who's better?

JR Smith has worlds more talent.....I would take JJ on my team over him, though.

BRule
04-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Didn't you say the Butler team was good even though they don't have any decent NBA players?

What Butler team? The only good Butler team in recent memory had NBA players on it. 1 really good one too.

thethe
04-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Excuse me...I meant Baylor.

BRule
04-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Excuse me...I meant Baylor.

You're mixing up "arguments" the Baylor thing was from when you said this is the first time PJ3 has played with any talent. Then Giles and I said that Baylor had plenty of pros the years PJ3 was there.

AerchAngel
04-12-2014, 02:42 PM
k.

We square.

And I agree with you.

Heyward
04-14-2014, 11:48 AM
Trez returning to Louisville, according to his twitter account.

Good for him.

BRule
04-14-2014, 12:18 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOT

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

BRule
04-14-2014, 03:37 PM
Aaron Gordon leaving for NBA.....meh

Gary Harris entering draft

CK86
04-15-2014, 12:47 PM
Tennessee loses Cuonzo Martin to California.

BRule
04-15-2014, 01:38 PM
LOLVols

Okoroh also de-commits from TN and commits to Cal.

weso1
04-15-2014, 02:47 PM
I'm glad he's gone. Terrible recruiter. We made no effort to keep him.

gilesfan
04-15-2014, 02:59 PM

lulz

BRule
04-15-2014, 03:07 PM

LMAO

He LEFT you because of the way your administration and fans treated him. All the idiots cared about was Bruce Pearl....Go check twitter, all the TN players are backing up Martin. When does that ever happen? Most players tweet or say bad things about a coach who bolts.

Heyward
04-15-2014, 03:13 PM
Stauskas officially going to the NBA, not totally surprising.

BRule
04-15-2014, 03:21 PM
Stauskas officially going to the NBA, not totally surprising.

So is Glenn Robinson III

Millwood1Hitter
04-15-2014, 03:45 PM
Jabari Parker to the NBA, expect official announcement in next couple of days.

Heyward
04-15-2014, 03:57 PM
Jabari Parker to the NBA, expect official announcement in next couple of days.

I'll believe it when i see it, said for awhile he's returning.

Millwood1Hitter
04-15-2014, 04:07 PM
I'll believe it when i see it, said for awhile he's returning.

He's gone, been interviewing agents for a few weeks now, sat down with K today and told him he is going to the NBA. Official announcement could come as early tomorrow, but more likely after Duke banquet. Rodney Hood also will declare for draft after banquet, although this is not earth shattering news, everyone knew he was gone before the season started, it was in the plans when he transferred from Miss. St.

Meanwhile, it appears in addition to Cauley-Stein, both the Harrison twins and Julius Randle are going to return to Kentucky for their sophomore campaign.

BRule
04-15-2014, 04:17 PM
Has Millwood posted anything that has been true? Ever?

LOL at Randle coming back

weso1
04-15-2014, 04:27 PM
LMAO

He LEFT you because of the way your administration and fans treated him. All the idiots cared about was Bruce Pearl....Go check twitter, all the TN players are backing up Martin. When does that ever happen? Most players tweet or say bad things about a coach who bolts.

Lol, like you know what's going on at UT better than I do. I know about the Pearl thing obviously, but that was when it looked like we were NIT bound with a top 25 roster. No, he left because the roster next year is crap and he knew he was going to be fired next year. Now, he gets at least 3 years as coach of Cal. I mean our roster is horrific next season. We have no big men and mediocre guards/perimeter players who can't shoot. This is the roster Clownzo built. Seriously, go look at our roster next season and try not to lol. We're a bottom of the SEC team next year. And the SEC is horrific.

He got lucky as crap with the seeding and you know it. He beat three mediocre at best teams in the tourny and now all of a sudden people think a coach who barely made the tourny in a crap conference with top 25 talent is a good coach.

Admin didn't want to commit to him long term and they had every reason not to. Their offer was to make him 8th highest paid coach in the SEC, so that shows how much Hart liked him.

BRule
04-15-2014, 04:43 PM
Lol, like you know what's going on at UT better than I do. I know about the Pearl thing obviously, but that was when it looked like we were NIT bound with a top 25 roster. No, he left because the roster next year is crap and he knew he was going to be fired next year. Now, he gets at least 3 years as coach of Cal. I mean our roster is horrific next season. We have no big men and mediocre guards/perimeter players who can't shoot. This is the roster Clownzo built. Seriously, go look at our roster next season and try not to lol. We're a bottom of the SEC team next year. And the SEC is horrific.

He got lucky as crap with the seeding and you know it. He beat three mediocre at best teams in the tourny and now all of a sudden people think a coach who barely made the tourny in a crap conference with top 25 talent is a good coach.

Admin didn't want to commit to him long term and they had every reason not to. Their offer was to make him 8th highest paid coach in the SEC, so that shows how much Hart liked him.

You're a bitter fan who is obviously pissed off at the way your athletics are being handled. TN is a joke right now in football and CBB....

So you're saying all off the CBB insider guys ALL have wrong info? ALL of their sources are wrong? I've yet to see anyone kill Martin, everything has killed TN and it's fans for how they treated Martin and the program.

weso1
04-15-2014, 05:01 PM
You're a bitter fan who is obviously pissed off at the way your athletics are being handled. TN is a joke right now in football and CBB....

So you're saying all off the CBB insider guys ALL have wrong info? ALL of their sources are wrong? I've yet to see anyone kill Martin, everything has killed TN and it's fans for how they treated Martin and the program.

I'm not bitter at all. I'm actually quite happy with the direction of the football team right now and I'm happy that Martin is gone. I'm just telling you how I feel. I don't care about losing a mediocre at best coach. We'll get an upgrade and basketball will be more fun to watch throughout the whole season. I would be honest if I felt bad about losing a coach. You guys saw how upset I got when Pearl and Kiffin left.

And yes of course the local media has better sources at UT. Are you kidding me with that one? I could care less about the national idiots. They don't care if UT is good in basketball and they were wrong about Martin getting a Marquette offer.

Again, go take a look at our roster next year and let me know who is getting rebounds and making shots. We'll be lucky to finish above .500 in a crap conference. Martin knew the roster he had next year.

drewdat
04-15-2014, 05:03 PM

He isn't good enough. Could have been handled better, but it shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Either Tennessee hires someone competent or they don't.

I thought Cuonzo needed to leave for his own sake, anyways. Don't think he would have equaled last year again at Tennessee, so it was his best opportunity for a fresh start.

BRule
04-15-2014, 05:29 PM
Players/Recruits siding with Martin (http://deadspin.com/cuonzo-martin-leaves-tennessee-and-his-players-dont-so-1563539309)

More than 30,000 fans signed a petition calling for Martin's firing, and the re-hiring of Bruce Pearl. AD Dave Hart was noticeably silent when asked to lend Martin public support. There were even reports that upset Tennessee boosters refused to allow their private planes to be used by Martin for recruiting.

L.O.L.

weso1
04-15-2014, 05:36 PM
Fans upset at an underachieving team? How dare they!

drewdat
04-15-2014, 05:39 PM
The petition didn't call for Cuonzo's firing. I didn't sign it anyways, because petitions are stupid. There, I said it.

Still waiting to read a critical article that makes a salient point or two. My standards for internet journalism really aren't high. Come on, you guys. I'm rooting for you.

The booster plane thing might be bad. Or it might not. Presented as hearsay with zero context, it's pretty meaningless. I don't think Cuonzo was really feeling the love in general, but that's mostly because he wasn't doing that good of a job.

weso1
04-15-2014, 06:10 PM
Most UT fan reactions are meh. Marquette fans didn't want him.

50PoundHead
04-15-2014, 06:45 PM
Sorry. I thought this was the CBT thread. Carry on.

The Chosen One
04-15-2014, 06:53 PM

You know someone made a thread specifically aimed at you in the wild wild west.

Carp
04-15-2014, 11:06 PM
LMAO

And if you notice, no one is really upset he's gone. He had one good run with Pearl's recruits. Don't think he was a typically bad coach but he isn't anything special either. Definitely nowhere near the coach Pearl was.

I don't wish any ill-will towards Martin. I actually think it was a great career move for him as he would likely have been fired providing he didn't make the tourney next yr. Hell we would have been fired this yr if the Vols didn't win the play-in game. Plus the PAC 10/12 is a much better basketball conference than the SEC.

holden
04-16-2014, 11:01 AM
I'm actually going to side with UT fan on this one. That team underachieved all season, then got a good draw in the tournament. Definitely wasn't sold on Cuonzo then and I'm still not.. this was just the perfect opportunity for him to leave, as he can use the way he was treated as an excuse and get out of town before it gets really bad - which it will, next season. He won't do much at Cal. Tennessee can do better.

holden
04-16-2014, 12:26 PM

cognitive behavior therapy?

Heyward
04-16-2014, 12:55 PM
Myles Turner to announce on the 30th, down to SMU, Texas, Kansas.

Heyward
04-17-2014, 11:45 AM
Jabari to the NBA.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20140417/jabari-parker-declares-for-nba-draft/

sturg33
04-17-2014, 11:57 AM
If you're projected as a lottery pick, I don't see any circumstance in which you can turn it down. I'm putting myself in their shoes, and there is simply no way I could turn down the guaranteed money.

Why would anyone risk it?

Heyward
04-17-2014, 12:03 PM
If you're projected as a lottery pick, I don't see any circumstance in which you can turn it down. I'm putting myself in their shoes, and there is simply no way I could turn down the guaranteed money.

Why would anyone risk it?

If they enjoy college, i dont see the huge deal in coming back, BUT.

Projected top 3 pick, cant really pass that down, good for him.

One of the few Dook players i never disliked him, best of luck to him, seems like an awesome kid.

NinersSBChamps
04-17-2014, 01:34 PM
Jabari is a bitch. He still has a mission to go on too?

Heyward
04-17-2014, 02:17 PM
James Young and Rodney Hood to the NBA.

Bj1133
04-17-2014, 07:30 PM
Frank Haith bolting from Mizzou for Tulsa - an obvious downgrade but, like Cuonzo, he got off the sinking ship before he was thrown off.

CK86
04-17-2014, 09:11 PM
Jabari to the NBA.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20140417/jabari-parker-declares-for-nba-draft/

Least shocking decision ever. He would've been an idiot to return to school.

CK86
04-17-2014, 09:15 PM
James Young and Rodney Hood to the NBA.

In this particular draft, I think Hood is making a mistake in regards to his draft stock. I think he's got a far better chance at going lottery next year than this year. As far as potential fits though, he may find himself on a much better team where he may not be counted on to do a lot of the heavy lifting early on. Skilled player, like Parker, who needs a lot of work defensively. I think he'll be an average starter at the next level unless he becomes better off the dribble and especially defensively. Good player though, could see him as a 15 ppg scorer with 5 boards in a career year.

weso1
04-17-2014, 11:41 PM
Frank Haith bolting from Mizzou for Tulsa - an obvious downgrade but, like Cuonzo, he got off the sinking ship before he was thrown off.

Yep, both coaches new they were likely to be fired next year so they took the downgrade job. Three more years at least is better than one.

holden
04-18-2014, 09:17 AM
I like James Young, but he's an interesting guy to draft. His offensive skill-set is top notch. He just needs to work on his jumper some. However, his decision making is bad and he is one of the worst passers I have ever seen. His defense is also terrible, but I imagine that will get better with experience. Maybe a good comp for him is Lou Williams?

gilesfan
04-18-2014, 09:50 AM
I like James Young, but he's an interesting guy to draft. His offensive skill-set is top notch. He just needs to work on his jumper some. However, his decision making is bad and he is one of the worst passers I have ever seen. His defense is also terrible, but I imagine that will get better with experience. Maybe a good comp for him is Lou Williams?

Nick Young with more length?

BRule
04-18-2014, 09:59 AM
Nick Young is a perfect comp

thethe
04-18-2014, 10:06 AM
Love that all these guys are coming out. Keep that draft deep!

gilesfan
04-18-2014, 10:13 AM
YOu still aren't likely to get a great player outside of the first few picks. You are in GRIII, Payne, Warren, Hairston territory.

Heyward
04-18-2014, 10:14 AM
Least shocking decision ever. He would've been an idiot to return to school.

I thought he was gonna return, sure fooled me.

Heyward
04-18-2014, 10:15 AM
In this particular draft, I think Hood is making a mistake in regards to his draft stock. I think he's got a far better chance at going lottery next year than this year. As far as potential fits though, he may find himself on a much better team where he may not be counted on to do a lot of the heavy lifting early on. Skilled player, like Parker, who needs a lot of work defensively. I think he'll be an average starter at the next level unless he becomes better off the dribble and especially defensively. Good player though, could see him as a 15 ppg scorer with 5 boards in a career year.

Agree to an extent on Hood.

With Parker gone, he would of got mega touches and possibly jumped into the lotto next year.

Heyward
04-18-2014, 10:16 AM
YOu still aren't likely to get a great player outside of the first few picks. You are in GRIII, Payne, Warren, Hairston territory.

Trade up for someone, breh.

gilesfan
04-18-2014, 10:17 AM
Trade up for someone, breh.

Gonna trade up to the top 8?

Heyward
04-18-2014, 10:17 AM
Gonna trade up to the top 8?

top 15.

thethe
04-18-2014, 10:18 AM

I'll take Payne coming off the bench for the next 4 years.

Heyward
04-18-2014, 10:21 AM

Not a fan of GR3.

Payne/Warren/Hairston would be fine.

Hairston would be better suited since OKC needs some more 3-pt shooters.

gilesfan
04-18-2014, 10:25 AM
top 15.

You gonna get anything at 15? A Euro?

thethe
04-18-2014, 10:26 AM
Do you think its impossible to get a good player outside of the top 10?

BRule
04-18-2014, 10:26 AM
top 15.

There aren't 15 great players in the draft.

thethe
04-18-2014, 10:31 AM

WHo needs a great player?

And when you look back at drafts there are sometimes stragglers taken past the top 15 which end up being excellent nba players.

Heyward
04-18-2014, 10:34 AM

Players never slip?

Good to know.

Heyward
04-18-2014, 10:34 AM
You gonna get anything at 15? A Euro?

How about a guy like Ibaka/Jackson?

Heyward
04-18-2014, 10:40 AM
Depending who goes, who doesn't....

Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Embiid, Smart, Ennis, Exum, Young, Anderson, Hood, Stauskas, Gordon, Vonleh, Harris, Grant, Warren, Hairston, Payne, GR3, Early.

There's 20.

BRule
04-18-2014, 10:41 AM

Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Embiid, Smart, Ennis, Exum, Young, Anderson, Hood, Stauskas, Gordon, Vonleh, Harris, Grant, Warren, Hairston, Payne, GR3, Early.

There's 20.

You're saying all these players are great?

gilesfan
04-18-2014, 10:42 AM
Do you think its impossible to get a good player outside of the top 10?

Possible, not probable. Either get a 4 year low upside college player or a Euro project. Or a tweener

gilesfan
04-18-2014, 10:43 AM
How about a guy like Ibaka/Jackson?

Ibaka is an exception. A project that turned into a decent starter. Jackson...the book hasn't been written yet.

gilesfan
04-18-2014, 10:43 AM

There's 20.

Young, Anderson, Hood, Stauskas, Gordon, Harris, Warren, Hairston, Payne, GR3 are great players?

Heyward
04-18-2014, 10:45 AM
Young, Anderson, Hood, Stauskas, Gordon, Harris, Warren, Hairston, Payne, GR3 are great players?

What's your definition of great?

All-Star?

gilesfan
04-18-2014, 10:46 AM
What's your definition of great?

All-Star?

NO. You think those guys are all stars?

Heyward
04-18-2014, 10:46 AM

Young, Hood, Stauskas, Gordon, Harris are all pretty good.

Some players translate better to the NBA than they did in college.

Homer or not, i like PJ's game.

Depends where he goes, would of been the best SG in CBB this past year if he wasnt an idiot.

Heyward
04-18-2014, 10:47 AM
NO. You think those guys are all stars?

NOW, no, eventually, who knows, maybe.

How about PPG wise, 15-18 PPG?

Heyward
04-18-2014, 10:47 AM
You're saying all these players are great?

Depends what your meaning of great is.

BRule
04-18-2014, 10:53 AM
Depends what your meaning of great is.

Hahahahaha you think that group will score 18 ppg LULZ

They should be solid role players, I'd be shocked if any of the guys you named turn into perennial all-stars

Heyward
04-18-2014, 10:58 AM
Hahahahaha you think that group will score 18 ppg LULZ

They should be solid role players, I'd be shocked if any of the guys you named turn into perennial all-stars

I like Harris and Young long-term.

Young always impressed me when i watched UK.

Gordon needed another year of seasoning imo.

The others depends where they go, but nothing wrong with role players, most teams have 2-3 "stars" anyway.

thethe
04-18-2014, 11:02 AM
All I want is a solid role player. I'm not expectin ga star.

holden
04-19-2014, 01:00 AM
This is a very deep draft. You can get a good contributor all the way to the end of the first round.

weso1
04-20-2014, 12:18 PM
The biggest hurdle UT is facing in regards to finding a decent coach is our current roster. Who would've thought?

weso1
04-21-2014, 10:44 PM
Sounds like the Vols have hired Tyndall of Southern Miss. I'm happy with the hire as I think he fits well at UT. Some UT fans are pissed, but that's mainly because they had unrealistic expectations and don't like the way he looks physically.

Heyward
04-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Randle to the NBA.

BRule
04-22-2014, 01:02 PM
and Julius Randle are going to return to Kentucky for their sophomore campaign.

LOL