Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 7/13 WEDNESDAY'S MINOR THREAD: Anderson, Harrington debut

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,350 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    we will have to see where he is after 26 games.. But Neslony is in A ball now and not A- ball
    Yes, Neslony just blew through the equivalent A-. A- is just high Rookie just like Danville.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    According to this http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...P=kyle-lewis-1 and this http://www.baseball-reference.com/re...d=lewis-000kyl

Lewis is in A-. In fact, it is the exact same league Swanson started out, the Northwest League. Guess it was OK for Swanson, but not for Lewis?

Of course folks on these forums are going to poo-poo whatever Lewis does since they want to feel justified that the Braves passed on him. A lot of folks wanted the Braves to draft him, so I would go ahead and prepare yourselves to see many Kyle Lewis updates. Anderson has thrown 3 innings in rookie ball, while Lewis has put up a .900 OPS with 15/14 K/BB in his first 100+ professional PAs.

I still wish the Braves had drafted him at #3.
    lol, slow your roll, champ. i'm not "poo-poo"ing Lewis. In fact, I brought up him last week because he was hitting so well. however, someone pointed out he's in short season, which is basically rookie league (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). he's below Rome level. obviously it's never a bad thing when you're hitting well, but he should be hitting well in the league he's in, as a college guy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to yeezus For This Useful Post:

Garmel (07-14-2016)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    Yes, Neslony just blew through the equivalent A-. A- is just high Rookie just like Danville.
    Blew through? The man had 21 PAs there. So yeah, I guess he blew through very quickly.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    lol, slow your roll, champ. i'm not "poo-poo"ing Lewis. In fact, I brought up him last week because he was hitting so well. however, someone pointed out he's in short season, which is basically rookie league (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). he's below Rome level. obviously it's never a bad thing when you're hitting well, but he should be hitting well in the league he's in, as a college guy.
    It's the typical downplaying of a prospect that isn't on the Braves as usual, and you know it. Swanson started at the same level, and when the Braves acquired him after playing at that level folks were overjoyed. Lewis is doing well in the same league, while being a year younger than Swanson, and the response is, "well he should be doing well at that level".

Sorry if you can't see the hypocrisy, and I'm sorry if it bothers you when I point it out.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,350 Posts
    Blew through? The man had 21 PAs there. So yeah, I guess he blew through very quickly.
    Yeah, they moved him up because it was way too easy for him. Check out his stats. Man, Lewis might end up being a hell of a talent but you're acting like he's doing something really special when he's not.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,151 Posts
    Yeah, they moved him up because it was way too easy for him. Check out his stats. Man, Lewis might end up being a hell of a talent but you're acting like he's doing something really special when he's not.
    OK bud, I'll bump this thread in 1 year and we will see who's right. Just marked it on my Outlook calendar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    It's the typical downplaying of a prospect that isn't on the Braves as usual, and you know it. Swanson started at the same level, and when the Braves acquired him after playing at that level folks were overjoyed. Lewis is doing well in the same league, while being a year younger than Swanson, and the response is, "well he should be doing well at that level".

Sorry if you can't see the hypocrisy, and I'm sorry if it bothers you when I point it out.
    I'm talking about myself. If I were trying to downplay Lewis why would I have posted about him a week before this? You just sound silly.
    Yes, we were overjoyed to get the #1 pick from the most recent draft plus others for a pitcher - what a shock. I don't think many were looking at his numbers in SS A ball and gushing - it was the fact that he was the #1 pick and we made a robbery of a trade. So I'm not going to go crazy over Lewis' numbers in the same league, because I didn't for Swanson, either. It wasn't about the numbers.

Lewis really is just like Heyward - everyone is going to have to unequivocally praise him or we'll be called hypocrites.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    OK bud, I'll bump this thread in 1 year and we will see who's right. Just marked it on my Outlook calendar.
    lol "who's right." what are you even talking about?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,350 Posts

Good for you. I kind of feel sorry for you when being right is that important to you.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    lol "who's right." what are you even talking about?
    Mr. Garmel compared Neslony to Lewis, as if they are even in the same universe of prospect rankings based on 21 PAs. Braves homerism at its finest right there.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Our own Neslony is outplaying Lewis but I don't hear anyone being excited about him.
    The obvious difference is Lewis has a first round pedigree, and is validating that.

Neslony is a lower draft pick, he's not going to get the benefit of the doubt.

I also think we should have taken Lewis, although I still really like the trio of pitchers we ended up with.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,350 Posts
    Mr. Garmel compared Neslony to Lewis, as if they are even in the same universe of prospect rankings based on 21 PAs. Braves homerism at its finest right there.
    *sigh* As usual you missed the whole point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,926 Posts
    Ivermectin Man

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,864 Posts
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,867 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Red Sox with 4 of top 14... and 3 of top 7

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    uh, yeah...not what I got out of that. but carry on.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to yeezus For This Useful Post:

Garmel (07-14-2016)

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    They didn't so move on. Why can't Braves fans cheer on the folk we actually drafted.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay2033 View Post
    They didn't so move on. Why can't Braves fans cheer on the folk we actually drafted.
    Good grief.

Why can't we keep tabs on somebody that we had interest in?

Does that mean I can't also cheer for Anderson/Wentz/Muller??

I still pay attention to Kimbrel, and yet I also somehow cheer for Viz.... weird.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Preacher For This Useful Post:

bravesfanMatt (07-14-2016)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,401 Posts
    there is nothing wrong with pulling for a guy you liked pre-draft. what is silly is arguing who is better when neither played squat of games. Does everyone remember a guy name Jonathan Morales... yeah our Rome C/DH.. his first 20 to 30 games were lights out... lately, just his light is out..

Lewis was drafted with a lot of hype and questions. Someone who was first considered a possible 1.1 with no signing issues who feel to 1.12.. 11 teams passed on him. So either those 11 teams are going to look foolish or smart.. but we won't know for another year at least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,026 Posts
    Our own Neslony is outplaying Lewis but I don't hear anyone being excited about him.
    Sorry I love Neslony but he is definitely not outplaying Lewis