Page 24 of 1483 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634741245241024 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,032 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    How about the articles in the NY Times regarding how China handled the virus better than the west?

How about this absurd notions that we dont call viruses based on their geographic origin?

How about the endless articles about how tariffs would slow the economy and pass costs to the consumer although no evidence of that exists?

You're just going to pretend this doesnt happen? That chinas government doesnt make large contributions to political campaigns (hello Clintons) or large media conglomerates?
    I mean China mobilized treatment centers very quickly. As a result, and with the help of some questionable quarantine methods, COVID-19 cases have to plateaued in China and things are getting back to normal for them. We are 2 months into the first US case and we don't even have mass testing available and cases have seemingly doubled every week after Trump said we'd have "zero cases in a week or two." There absolutely ways in which China has been way better than the West at dealing with this virus.
    Last edited by Carp; 03-18-2020 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    And the women who cheat on their husbands. There.
    I watched Contagion last night. A cheating wife figured prominently.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (03-18-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I mean China mobilized treatment centers very quickly. As a result, and with the help of some questionable quarantine methods, COVID-19 cases have to plateaued in China and things are getting back to normal for them. We are 2 months into the first US case and we don't even have mass testing available and cases have seemingly doubled every week after Trump said we'd have "zero cases in a week or two." There absolutely ways in which China has been way better than the West at dealing with this virus.
    China has received both positive and negative coverage.

It deserves criticism for reacting slowly to the initial outbreak and not being transparent and sharing information with the rest of the world. The attempts by Chinese officials to spread this story that the virus is an American biological weapon are reprehensible.

It deserves praise for bringing things under control in Wuhan. Maybe the rest of the world can learn from what they did there. I think the jury is still out as to whether things are really under control to the extent the recent data suggest in China.

"I am your retribution."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Runnin (03-19-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts

"I am your retribution."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (03-18-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,032 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    As someone who has criticized Trump’s handling of COVID, I think his administration has done a good job this past week. That seems to be the consensus from local and state governments as well. Dr. Fauci, specifically, deserves a medal. He’s been very impressive.

The news focuses on the outliers, but overall I have noticed in my community and social media network that people are taking the Quarantine very seriously. I’m worried that more needs to be done to set expectations about the economy for the next 1-1.5 years. It’s going to really hurt some people.

It’s important to keep in mind how incredible it is that we are technologically, medicinally and economically able to weather something like this. Already so many lives have been saved and there is really optimistic signals out of Asia. We are very fortunate to live in the times we do.
    Nearly 2 months into the Outbreak though. With COVID-19 being labeled a pandemic by WHO, the administration really had no other option than to comply, instead of the deny, deny, deny, they had been doing. I mean Trump was downplaying this virus as recently as March 4th, trying to compare it to the Flu. A couple days earlier he said his "hunch" was that the mortality rate was a fraction of 1 percent. Kind of hard to keep denying it when the amounts of infected have doubled almost weekly and the world mortality rate being what it is.

It's hard for me to give credit when these things should have been talked about over a month ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Still believe anything out of china?

Really?
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,032 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    China has received both positive and negative coverage.

It deserves criticism for reacting slowly to the initial outbreak and not being transparent and sharing information with the rest of the world. The attempts by Chinese officials to spread this story that the virus is an American biological weapon are reprehensible.

It deserves praise for bringing things under control in Wuhan. Maybe the rest of the world can learn from what they did there. I think the jury is still out as to whether things are really under control to the extent the recent data suggest in China.
    Certainly not praising China for their entire response. The lack of transparency on a virus as deadly as this is truly reprehensible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Nearly 2 months into the Outbreak though. With COVID-19 being labeled a pandemic by WHO, the administration really had no other option than to comply, instead of the deny, deny, deny, they had been doing. I mean Trump was downplaying this virus as recently as March 4th, trying to compare it to the Flu. A couple days earlier he said his "hunch" was that the mortality rate was a fraction of 1 percent. Kind of hard to keep denying it when the amounts of infected have doubled almost weekly and the world mortality rate being what it is.

It's hard for me to give credit when these things should have been talked about over a month ago.
    He banned travel from china at the end of January. Why do you think he did that?

What was the response from the left and democrats when he did it?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,032 Posts
    Still believe anything out of china?

Really?
    I suppose I could just listen to Trump tell me how they'll be zero cases in a couple weeks. Or how everyone who wants to get tested can get tested. Or how we're putting a ban on European cargo shipments. Or how insurance companies will cover all COVID-19 treatments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,751 Posts
    Can someone point out who in the media or Democratic Party critisizes Trump for closing border from China?
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    I suppose I could just listen to Trump tell me how they'll be zero cases in a couple weeks. Or how everyone who wants to get tested can get tested. Or how we're putting a ban on European cargo shipments. Or how insurance companies will cover all COVID-19 treatments.
    Great...you go ahead and keep taking chinas side over trump.

Well done.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I watched Contagion last night. A cheating wife figured prominently.
    Such a good movie. One of Soderbergh's finest.
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,032 Posts
    He banned travel from china at the end of January. Why do you think he did that?

What was the response from the left and democrats when he did it?
    He banned travel from Non-us citizens, only. And US citizens traveling back from overseas haven't been tested, as previously asserted by Trump.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,032 Posts

Well done.

So you don't believe the virus is plateauing in China currently?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    He banned travel from Non-us citizens, only. And US citizens traveling back from overseas haven't been tested, as previously asserted by Trump.
    This is your response? Not even answering the question. If you dont think one of trumps job was to calm the population you're crazy.

Look at the signal. Ignore the noise. This was considered serious for a long time.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,032 Posts

Well done.
    Also, no response to the blatant and absolutely dangerous lies Trump has been putting out I see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    So you don't believe the virus is plateauing in China currently?
    How do you have any basis for this when we know the CCP deliberately destroyed evidence and misled the WHO.

So no, I dont believe its plateaued not do I believe they are close to reporting the amount of infected and deaths.

The CCPs history is the reason indoubt what's reported. You should doubt it as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Also, no response to the blatant and absolutely dangerous lies Trump has been putting out I see.
    This has not been trumps finest hour. Especially early on.
    But who has been warning us about china for decades?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,032 Posts
    This is your response? Not even answering the question. If you dont think one of trumps job was to calm the population you're crazy.

Look at the signal. Ignore the noise. This was considered serious for a long time.

LOL, stop. WHO and CDC were both reporting the virus as something to take seriously. Trump continually squashed those claims until the past week. Hell, barely 10 days ago he said he had no plans to stop holding rallies, despite there being large events cancelled nationally. When asked about the risk, his exact words were "it doesn't bother me at all."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    LOL, stop. WHO and CDC were both reporting the virus as something to take seriously. Trump continually squashed those claims until the past week. Hell, barely 10 days ago he said he had no plans to stop holding rallies, despite there being large events cancelled nationally. When asked about the risk, his exact words were "it doesn't bother me at all."
    Yeah...banning travel from the second largest country in the world means nothing.

What a joke.