Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,054 Posts
    https://www.newsweek.com/why-derek-c...pinion-1585401

Good article on one of the big issues on appeal. The fact the jury wasnt sequestered and the venue wasn't changed is mindboggling.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    As a rule, I never trust anyone on any issue that stands to personally gain from continued controversy.
    Fair enough but that only eliminates about 95% of Americans. What about the rest of us??

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    922 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I'm legit shocked that James isn't talking it up. Like how is the NBA not pushing it's players to get it? I would think a corporate shill would do a better job.

But to me yeah LeBron is a fantastic player, his takes range from good to awful, which isn't shocking for an athlete, they often don't have the highest IQs and are often too busy you know being gods of the game to really understand nuance of all current events.

I wouldn't listen to LeBron talking about COVID Vaccine any more than I'd listen to Kyrie talk about circumnavigation.
    Yup...I don’t fall into the “shut up and dribble” or “silence is violence” camps, but when you have a guy of his stature with a history of sharing his thoughts on just about every major issue, it’s disappointing to see him choose now to button up.

His stance isn’t uncommon among athletes...it’s bizarre...is it a union thing where they’re trying to protect the guys who don’t want to get the shot? Or does he legitimately not want the shot and doesn’t want to say? I’m not sure.

After being in the bubble for months with all of the insane rules and regulations these guys lived by, I thought they would’ve wanted to fight their way to the front of the line for a vaccine.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    Yup...I don’t fall into the “shut up and dribble” or “silence is violence” camps, but when you have a guy of his stature with a history of sharing his thoughts on just about every major issue, it’s disappointing to see him choose now to button up.

His stance isn’t uncommon among athletes...it’s bizarre...is it a union thing where they’re trying to protect the guys who don’t want to get the shot? Or does he legitimately not want the shot and doesn’t want to say? I’m not sure.

After being in the bubble for months with all of the insane rules and regulations these guys lived by, I thought they would’ve wanted to fight their way to the front of the line for a vaccine.
    Yeah, basically it seems like the general athlete polls are get me in the front of the line or no way. I don't get why people who dealt with working through the pandemic wouldn't get the vaccine. My gut reaction is either he doesn't want to get it, which I don't consider super likely. I have a hunch he has teammates who aren't doing it. LeBron isn't a dummy, he's not smart but he's not Kyrie Irving. But I'm sure some teammates aren't. Though I admit, I don't really know LeBron's religious situation. Sometimes that halts people's choices.

BTW I know this isn't a basketball thread, but I'm so happy Kyrie hasn't won a championship since leaving Cleveland. No one deserves misery, but him with his ego does.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (04-22-2021)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,867 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post

He probably realizes he is a pristine athlete who carries almost 0 risk of dying from covid, and doesn't feel the need to inject something completely unnecessary to his body

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    He probably realizes he is a pristine athlete who carries almost 0 risk of dying from covid, and doesn't feel the need to inject something completely unnecessary to his body
    However, the more healthy young people get vaccinated the more quickly we achieve herd immunity. Externalities are a thang. However, if he wants to go without a vaccine and wants to keep that to himself, that's his right. Doing so does undermine his claims to be a socially minded activist on other issues. So maybe that's why he wants to be quiet about it. He said some dumb stuff about China too. It is a fact that if you do and say dumb things about issue X, it will undermine your ability to speak with moral authority on issue Y.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Jackassery. A pox on everyone who supports this tripe

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nking-tea.html

Jane Austen museum launches BLM-inspired 'interrogation' of author's love for drinking tea and wearing cotton due to slave trade links

A museum devoted to Jane Austen has sparked fury by announcing plans to subject the author to a 'historical interrogation' over alleged links to the slave trade.

The celebrated author - and noted abolitionist - wrote Pride and Prejudice and Mansfield Park while living in a cottage in the Hampshire village of Chawton, which has now been turned into a museum.

But staff at the property devoted to the 18th century author are planning a revisionist attack on her alleged involvement in 'Regency era colonialism'.

Austen does have links to the slave trade through her father George Austen, the rector for a Hampshire parish who was at one point a trustee for an Antigua sugar plantation.

The museum however want to look for potential connections to slavery through her use of sugar in her tea and her wearing of cotton clothing, which experts say are all 'products of empire' brought back to Britain from colonies in Africa.

Lizzie Dunford, the museum's director says these links will be highlighted with future display boards to be installed at the property.

She says this will be part of a 'steady and considered process' of 'interrogation' into her life and how slavery-linked aspects can be better displayed.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,545 Posts
    To be fair Victoria was Empress of India. I don't see what the fuss is all about.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    More ammunition for a Chauvin appeal?

https://m.startribune.com/chauvin-ju...ue&clmob=y&c=n

A juror in the Derek Chauvin murder trial attended the March on Washington anniversary last summer, which is drawing online speculation about his motives for serving on the trial and could become grounds for an appeal.
    Mitchell, who is Black, was one of 12 jurors who convicted Chauvin two weeks ago on all counts against him — second-degree unintentional murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter — in the May 25 killing of George Floyd, who is also Black. Mitchell was the first juror to go public about his role, and spoke to several media outlets last week.
    The picture shows Mitchell, 31, standing next to two cousins in Washington, D.C. He is wearing a Black T-shirt with a picture of King surrounded by the words, "GET YOUR KNEE OFF OUR NECKS" and "BLM" (Black Lives Matter). Chauvin knelt on Floyd's neck for nine minutes and 29 seconds.
    The event included advocating for racial justice, increasing voter registration, pushing for a new version of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and urging participation in the 2020 census.

It also focused on police use of force. Floyd's brother and sister, Philonise and Bridgett Floyd, and family members of others who have been shot by police addressed the crowd. It served as a rallying point for the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act, a federal police reform bill.

Mitchell said he answered "no" to two questions in the juror questionnaire sent out before jury selection that asked about participation in demonstrations.

The first question asked, "Did you, or someone close to you, participate in any of the demonstrations or marches against police brutality that took place in Minneapolis after George Floyd's death?"

The second asked, "Other than what you have already described above, have you, or anyone close to you, participated in protests about police use of force or police brutality?"

Last edited by Jaw; 05-04-2021 at 12:12 PM.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,867 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    More ammunition for a Chauvin appeal?

https://m.startribune.com/chauvin-ju...ue&clmob=y&c=n

A juror in the Derek Chauvin murder trial attended the March on Washington anniversary last summer, which is drawing online speculation about his motives for serving on the trial and could become grounds for an appeal.
    Mitchell, who is Black, was one of 12 jurors who convicted Chauvin two weeks ago on all counts against him — second-degree unintentional murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter — in the May 25 killing of George Floyd, who is also Black. Mitchell was the first juror to go public about his role, and spoke to several media outlets last week.
    The picture shows Mitchell, 31, standing next to two cousins in Washington, D.C. He is wearing a Black T-shirt with a picture of King surrounded by the words, "GET YOUR KNEE OFF OUR NECKS" and "BLM" (Black Lives Matter). Chauvin knelt on Floyd's neck for nine minutes and 29 seconds.
    The event included advocating for racial justice, increasing voter registration, pushing for a new version of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and urging participation in the 2020 census.

It also focused on police use of force. Floyd's brother and sister, Philonise and Bridgett Floyd, and family members of others who have been shot by police addressed the crowd. It served as a rallying point for the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act, a federal police reform bill.

Mitchell said he answered "no" to two questions in the juror questionnaire sent out before jury selection that asked about participation in demonstrations.

The first question asked, "Did you, or someone close to you, participate in any of the demonstrations or marches against police brutality that took place in Minneapolis after George Floyd's death?"

The second asked, "Other than what you have already described above, have you, or anyone close to you, participated in protests about police use of force or police brutality?"

The useful idiots avert their gaze bc it supports their agenda

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,751 Posts
    So was that event a demonstration or a March? I can't help but laugh at the thought of a corrupt black juror sending a cop to prison. Now that the situation has reversed, NOW its a problem. Like I said years ago cops are going to start going with judges decision instead of juries because public support for cops has dropped like a rock. I certainly wont cry for cops who cheered the rigged system when it benefited them. If they were this outraged over jurors refusing to convict cops when they were clearly biased people wouldnt hate cops so much.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,751 Posts
    Violence begets violence.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Laughable.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Just an angry emotionally unstable generation

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

thethe (08-17-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,917 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Just an angry emotionally unstable generation
    Social media
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,751 Posts
    I am just thankful he was drunk and not stoned. A guy impaired from alcohol dies and no one says alcohol should be illegal but one person dies in part because they are impaired by pot and people lose their minds.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,350 Posts
    lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,867 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    lol

Imagine being so stupid to fall for this grift

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (02-03-2022)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,350 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Imagine being so stupid to fall for this grift
    And the body count you have to ignore from their followers.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Garmel For This Useful Post:

Jaw (02-03-2022)