PDA

View Full Version : CBB Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

NinersSBChamps
04-22-2014, 01:04 PM
Randle to the NBA.

You think he gets more in his first NBA contract or his one year deal at Kentucky?

holden
04-22-2014, 05:57 PM
Tyndall is a great hire for UT. I just want someone else in the SEC to be competent at basketball.. please.

Heyward
04-22-2014, 08:49 PM
You think he gets more in his first NBA contract or his one year deal at Kentucky?

Not very funny.

His parents need the money.

NinersSBChamps
04-22-2014, 10:19 PM
Not very funny.

His parents need the money.

Then they should get jobs.

Heyward
04-22-2014, 10:40 PM
Then they should get jobs.

They do have jobs.

NinersSBChamps
04-22-2014, 10:51 PM
They do have jobs.
Okay

holden
04-23-2014, 05:31 PM
Kentucky is going to be HUGE next year. 6 high caliber front court players...

if the twins come back, watch out.

Heyward
04-23-2014, 05:49 PM
Find it HILARIOUS you bash Roy for keeping players yet Cal brings back Poy who has been RUINED since coming back, one of the few who has.

While others as well like Dakari.

Cal doesnt play a ton of players so it will be interesting who sits, figure Lee will sit.

Bj1133
04-23-2014, 08:13 PM
Kentucky is going to be HUGE next year. 6 high caliber front court players...

if the twins come back, watch out.

Are the incoming freshman going to want to share time with the guys coming back? Any indication someone will ask out of their LOI?

BRule
04-25-2014, 11:49 AM
Harrison twins staying.

Heyward
04-25-2014, 12:49 PM
Pretty much what i feared is Cal getting OAD's to return.

No one will stop UK next season, it's a wrap.

holden
04-25-2014, 01:27 PM
:rock:

holden
04-25-2014, 01:38 PM
Find it HILARIOUS you bash Roy for keeping players yet Cal brings back Poy who has been RUINED since coming back, one of the few who has.

While others as well like Dakari.

Cal doesnt play a ton of players so it will be interesting who sits, figure Lee will sit.

What are you talking about? Poythress was much more consistent this year and embraced his role as a rebounding/defensive player.. His freshman year he was something of a disaster. Definitely did not hurt himself coming back. One more year to work on his handles and jump shot and he'll go near the lottery, which he definitely would not have this year or last.

Heyward
04-25-2014, 01:54 PM
What are you talking about? Poythress was much more consistent this year and embraced his role as a rebounding/defensive player.. His freshman year he was something of a disaster. Definitely did not hurt himself coming back. One more year to work on his handles and jump shot and he'll go near the lottery, which he definitely would not have this year or last.

Not the point, you bash Roy for ruining JMM (debateable) yet he did the same with with Poythress who would of been a top-15 pick had he came out his freshman year. Now he'll go in the 2nd round if he comes out next season.

Dakari, WCS, AND the Twins are all projected 1's.

Yet when Roy gets players to return, he gets killed by it.

holden
04-25-2014, 02:20 PM
Poythress a top 15 pick? Both the Twins protected as 1s? What are you even talking about?

Heyward
04-25-2014, 02:39 PM
Poythress a top 15 pick? Both the Twins protected as 1s? What are you even talking about?

Poythress a top-15 pick after his freshman year.

His stock has plumletted since.

Aaron is, Andrew is arguable.

BRule
04-25-2014, 02:39 PM
Lol at the Twins both going in the 1st.

holden
04-25-2014, 02:45 PM
Show me where you're getting Poythress as top 15 after his freshman year. Even though that draft was horrible, that would be an awful pick.

Heyward
04-25-2014, 03:01 PM
Show me where you're getting Poythress as top 15 after his freshman year. Even though that draft was horrible, that would be an awful pick.

Your last point is my point.

That draft sucked, someone would of took a chance on him.

holden
04-25-2014, 05:24 PM
Umm.. Yeah, maybe at the end of the first round or beginning of the second. Which is why he came back. So what was your point?

AerchAngel
04-25-2014, 06:40 PM
Hate to say it but if Kentucky lose more than 2 games next year, their coach should be fired.

Heyward
04-25-2014, 11:26 PM
Umm.. Yeah, maybe at the end of the first round or beginning of the second. Which is why he came back. So what was your point?

You made my point for saying Roy holds back recruits when Cal is doing the same thing NOW.

DOUBLE freaking STANDARD!

holden
04-26-2014, 07:16 AM
I honestly have no clue what you're talking about. If Poythress works hard, gets some handles and a jump shot, he'll probably go lotto. And will have earned himself a bunch more money than he would have otherwise. It's pretty simple.

AerchAngel
04-26-2014, 08:21 PM
I honestly have no clue what you're talking about. If Poythress works hard, gets some handles and a jump shot, he'll probably go lotto. And will have earned himself a bunch more money than he would have otherwise. It's pretty simple.

He can tailor his game like Dennis Rodman without the flair. He is my favorite Kentucky player even though I can't stand their team and coach, but I like him. He works harder than anyone else on the court.

Heyward
04-30-2014, 03:23 PM
Myles Turner to Texas, huge get for them.

Top 5-10 team now.

BRule
06-06-2014, 11:00 AM
LOL @ UNC.....McCants made the Deans list and never attended a class....hahahahahah

Bj1133
06-06-2014, 03:34 PM
LOL @ UNC.....McCants made the Deans list and never attended a class....hahahahahah

This Illini fan is pretty pissed off about all this.

CK86
06-06-2014, 08:07 PM
Start taking away their titles!

weso1
06-06-2014, 08:22 PM
Start taking away their titles!

I misread that one the first time. Actually the way I originally read it would probably be worse punishment.

CK86
06-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Ex-UNC players' statement on McCants' allegations

AP 7:51 p.m. EDT June 6, 2014

-----

Sixteen players from North Carolina's 2005 national championship team issued the following statement Friday to The Associated Press responding to former teammate Rashad McCants' allegations of academic misconduct:
"We are proud of our accomplishments both on and off the floor at UNC. With conviction, each one of us is proud to say that we attended class and did our own academic work. We want to thank our advisers and counselors who supported us, while also maintaining the integrity of the institution. We also want to make it clear that Coach Williams and his staff operated with the highest level of ethics and integrity within their respective roles. We are forever grateful for the lessons we learned on the court, in the classroom and during our time in Chapel Hill.

"In light of the comments made by Rashad on ESPN Outside the Lines, we want to state that our personal academic experiences are not consistent with Rashad's claims. We know that Coach Williams did not have any knowledge of any academic impropriety, and further that Coach Williams would not have tried to manipulate a player's schedule. Rashad will always be our teammate and we wish him well on all of his future endeavors."

Signed by:

Charlie Everett
Raymond Felton
Brooks Foster
Damion Grant
Jesse Holley
C.J. Hooker
Jackie Manuel (AFAM major)
Sean May (AFAM major)
Wes Miller
David Noel (AFAM major)
Byron Sanders
Melvin Scott (AFAM major)
Reyshawn Terry (AFAM major)
Quentin Thomas (AFAM major)
Jawad Williams (AFAM major)
Marvin Williams (AFAM major)

LOL. Half the team takes fake classes and ole Roy knows nothing about it. Give me a break. Illinois should be leading the charge to get the 2005 title which is rightfully theirs.

Heyward
06-07-2014, 05:55 AM
Ex-UNC players' statement on McCants' allegations

AP 7:51 p.m. EDT June 6, 2014

-----

Sixteen players from North Carolina's 2005 national championship team issued the following statement Friday to The Associated Press responding to former teammate Rashad McCants' allegations of academic misconduct:
"We are proud of our accomplishments both on and off the floor at UNC. With conviction, each one of us is proud to say that we attended class and did our own academic work. We want to thank our advisers and counselors who supported us, while also maintaining the integrity of the institution. We also want to make it clear that Coach Williams and his staff operated with the highest level of ethics and integrity within their respective roles. We are forever grateful for the lessons we learned on the court, in the classroom and during our time in Chapel Hill.

"In light of the comments made by Rashad on ESPN Outside the Lines, we want to state that our personal academic experiences are not consistent with Rashad's claims. We know that Coach Williams did not have any knowledge of any academic impropriety, and further that Coach Williams would not have tried to manipulate a player's schedule. Rashad will always be our teammate and we wish him well on all of his future endeavors."

Signed by:

Charlie Everett
Raymond Felton
Brooks Foster
Damion Grant
Jesse Holley
C.J. Hooker
Jackie Manuel (AFAM major)
Sean May (AFAM major)
Wes Miller
David Noel (AFAM major)
Byron Sanders
Melvin Scott (AFAM major)
Reyshawn Terry (AFAM major)
Quentin Thomas (AFAM major)
Jawad Williams (AFAM major)
Marvin Williams (AFAM major)

LOL. Half the team takes fake classes and ole Roy knows nothing about it. Give me a break. Illinois should be leading the charge to get the 2005 title which is rightfully theirs.

Marvin has been back at UNC trying to get his degree, in before they dont take classes crap.

ChapelHillMatt
06-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Just goes to show you people will believe what they want to believe, no matter how credible the source is. I want to see proof that this actually happened. I'm not going to say this hasn't happened because I have no way of knowing but Roy has been coaching for a very long time and never has had anything close to this come up. Rashad is the only former player to come out with these accusations and if you watched the interview, even he didn't say Roy knew for sure, he just assumed he did. This smells funny. Maybe I'm being a homer but I really doubt Rashad is telling the truth here. If Rashad was struggling with his classes then I believe UNC would declare him academically ineligible. Why would the same university that kicked PJ Harston off the team allow a tutor to do all the work for Rashad just so he could play? It just doesn't make any sense.

gilesfan
06-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Just goes to show you people will believe what they want to believe, no matter how credible the source is. I want to see proof that this actually happened. I'm not going to say this hasn't happened because I have no way of knowing but Roy has been coaching for a very long time and never has had anything close to this come up. Rashad is the only former player to come out with these accusations and if you watched the interview, even he didn't say Roy knew for sure, he just assumed he did. This smells funny. Maybe I'm being a homer but I really doubt Rashad is telling the truth here. If Rashad was struggling with his classes then I believe UNC would declare him academically ineligible. Why would the same university that kicked PJ Harston off the team allow a tutor to do all the work for Rashad just so he could play? It just doesn't make any sense.

UNC has a long history of fake classes. What are u talking about?

CK86
06-07-2014, 08:25 PM

UNC's own investigation showed 500 fake classes that consisted primarily of athletes. At least 7 UNC players took AFAM studies classes their title season. McCants could be the biggest dbag in the history of the world for all I know but his transcript doesn't lie. Goes from being a terrible student to magically 4 A's in fake classes that magically keep him eligible.

Anyone denying that UNC athletes didn't partake in fake classes has not been paying attention to the obvious. They've cheated, the proof is already there.

http://thebiglead.com/2012/07/26/north-carolina-academic-scandal-why-did-basketball-players-stop-majoring-in-african-and-afro-american-studies-in-2009/

CK86
06-07-2014, 08:41 PM
http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/06/06/3917363/2005-unc-champs-relied-on-suspect.html

NinersSBChamps
06-07-2014, 11:14 PM
UNC's own investigation showed 500 fake classes that consisted primarily of athletes. At least 7 UNC players took AFAM studies classes their title season. McCants could be the biggest dbag in the history of the world for all I know but his transcript doesn't lie. Goes from being a terrible student to magically 4 A's in fake classes that magically keep him eligible.

Anyone denying that UNC athletes didn't partake in fake classes has not been paying attention to the obvious. They've cheated, the proof is already there.

http://thebiglead.com/2012/07/26/north-carolina-academic-scandal-why-did-basketball-players-stop-majoring-in-african-and-afro-american-studies-in-2009/
Do any UNC athletes rape women? Or is that strictly only a Duke thing?

gilesfan
06-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Do any UNC athletes rape women? Or is that strictly only a Duke thing?

Do what?

NinersSBChamps
06-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Do what?

Lacrosse team.

gilesfan
06-08-2014, 01:44 PM
Lacrosse team.

Weren't they innocent?

Bj1133
06-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Lacrosse team.

The girl lied

holden
06-09-2014, 07:58 PM
Pretty cool when your coach turns down $80 million and the head coach and presidency of an NBA job to stay at your school.

AerchAngel
09-23-2014, 06:56 PM
Illinois first 4/5 stat recruit in FOREVER.

I am stoked.

Bj1133
09-24-2014, 05:58 AM
Illinois first 4/5 stat recruit, EVER.

I am stoked.

Still have the potential to add 1 or 2 more in this class too - Groce is getting things turned around!

AerchAngel
09-25-2014, 08:30 AM
Still have the potential to add 1 or 2 more in this class too - Groce is getting things turned around!

IF we get EDOT (E Thomas) without Evans, I am okay with that. I see Lands-Coleman a better version of Ben Gordon. I heard he is a very intelligent individual and going the Business School route, which isn't easy.

Thomas
Bragg
Murray

This would make me happy.

BRule
10-23-2014, 07:58 AM
Bye UNC

Also I look forward to all the apologies to McCants

holden
10-24-2014, 10:20 AM
2005 championship team had TWELVE African American Studies majors. lol

BRule
10-24-2014, 10:59 AM
I'm sure there are legit explanations behind them all.

gilesfan
10-24-2014, 01:19 PM
This type of stuff goes on everywhere

BRule
10-24-2014, 02:50 PM
Of course but not everywhere is UNC and not everywhere was investigated by the NCAA for it.....They are going to get the hammer, they have to.

CK86
10-27-2014, 02:09 AM
18 years of cheating, the true "Carolina Way".

NinersSBChamps
10-27-2014, 10:13 AM
A surprisingly light non conference schedule for Michigan State this season. We lost a lot of fire power and dismissed our best three point shooter. Could be a letdown season for the Spartans. Izzo will have his hands full this season. I am not worried though.

holden
10-27-2014, 04:51 PM
Should be a great season. Wisconsin, Duke, Arizona should all be close to elite, along with Kentucky. I'm excited.

BRule
10-28-2014, 02:11 PM
Should be a great season. Wisconsin, Duke, Arizona should all be close to elite, along with Kentucky. I'm excited.

AND..................

gilesfan
10-28-2014, 02:30 PM
Nortch Carolina, Duke, and Kansas

holden
10-30-2014, 01:00 AM
AND..................

? Kansas will be good too. Should be several others.

I hope you didn't mean Louisville.

BRule
10-31-2014, 08:43 AM
? Kansas will be good too. Should be several others.

I hope you didn't mean Louisville.

Hate on

Heyward
10-31-2014, 09:27 PM
Hate on

Lose Russ, Hancock, few others, get better, makes sense.

BRule
11-02-2014, 09:31 AM
Lose Russ, Hancock, few others, get better, makes sense.

Lol....recruits? The way Trez played the last month? Pitino?

Heyward
11-08-2014, 11:09 AM
I know i cant really be talking given UNC's thing going on, but..

This is re: UK.

the 6-foot-4 Blakeney told Scout.com. “They are treated like they are NBA players. I like that they are treated like NBA players. Not like in a celebrity way, but more making sure they have everything they need.”

“They are treated like they are NBA players. I like that they are treated like NBA players. Not like in a celebrity way, but more making sure they have everything they need.”

CK86
11-08-2014, 11:06 PM
http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/11/08/4305374_2005-unc-basketball-champs-2-semesters.html?sp=/99/100/&rh=1

Of the 35 bogus class enrollments, nine came during the fall semester of 2004, when eligibility for the spring was determined. Twenty-six were during the spring semester, when the season climaxed with a victory over Illinois in St. Louis.

But the report does show the number of enrollments by class and by semester for the three sports that used them the most: football, and men’s and women’s basketball. For a men’s basketball team that typically includes about 15 players a year, the numbers are substantial.

In the 18 years of paper classes, men’s basketball players accounted for 363 enrollments, an average of 20 enrollments per year.

The football team accounted for 1,377 enrollments during that period, but the football team has roughly nine times the number of athletes.

The Wainstein report shows that from 2000 through 2007, five or more basketball players were enrolled in each of 16 lecture-style classes that had been quietly converted into no-show classes. Twelve of them took place after Williams arrived at UNC in 2003 to coach the team.

Basketball players continued to enroll in sizable numbers until the spring 2008 semester. From there, the enrollments slowed to no more than five a semester.

2005 title should be vacated.

holden
11-09-2014, 02:19 PM
No idea wtf you're talking about Heyward. Do you honestly think he was admitting that UK offered him money? Were you an African American Studies major?

Heyward
11-09-2014, 11:56 PM
No idea wtf you're talking about Heyward. Do you honestly think he was admitting that UK offered him money? Were you an African American Studies major?

Considering Lamb, and few others have hinted at it, it's not out of the realm.

Bj1133
11-10-2014, 06:58 AM
UNC needs to be stripped of the 05 title and Roy Williams is a lying sack of sh*t

holden
11-10-2014, 10:29 PM
You'd think UNC fans would be too deeply ashamed their monumental hypocrisy to accuse other schools of cheating, but I guess the Carolina Way stands for something.

Heyward
11-11-2014, 06:28 PM
UNC needs to be stripped of the 05 title and Roy Williams is a lying sack of sh*t

Bitterness is cool.

NinersSBChamps
11-15-2014, 04:27 PM
Going to be a rough season. Fully expect Duke to beat MSU by 15.

Bj1133
11-15-2014, 10:36 PM
Bitterness is cool.

Hell yeah I'm bitter. I, and every fan of any team UNC beat that season, have every right to be. They cheated. They knowingly cheated the system and they ended up with a National Championship because of it. The greatest team that Illinois has ever had (maybe the greatest to never win a title) settled for 2nd place because the dipsh*t players at UNC couldn't handle regular college courses.

gilesfan
11-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Winslow looks like MKG with an actual offensive game.

Bj1133
11-18-2014, 10:01 PM
So many weapons for Kentucky....

CrimsonCowboy
11-18-2014, 10:21 PM
So many weapons for Kentucky....

They are going to be a tough task for anyone in the country to deal with.

holden
11-18-2014, 11:42 PM
:D

BRule
11-19-2014, 11:35 AM
Overrated scrubs

NinersSBChamps
11-19-2014, 11:42 AM

Especially the investigation group that surely will happen soon enough.

Heyward
11-19-2014, 05:29 PM

Yeah i dont see how they lose a game this year, might as well just cancel the season and hand them the title.

gilesfan
11-19-2014, 05:39 PM
Don't want to cancel season because we get to see Duke take a **** on UNC.

Heyward
11-19-2014, 06:33 PM
Don't want to cancel season because we get to see Duke take a **** on UNC.

:facepalm:

CrimsonCowboy
12-06-2014, 02:09 PM
So, Michigan just got beat by New Jersey Institute of Technology. Seriously.......................

holden
12-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Anyone watching this year...? Very quiet around these parts.

UNC/Kentucky should be fun on Saturday.

Heyward
12-10-2014, 08:58 PM
Anyone watching this year...? Very quiet around these parts.

UNC/Kentucky should be fun on Saturday.

For UK, yeah.

Refs wont let us keep it close, our entire starters probably foul out by halftime.

gilesfan
12-10-2014, 09:06 PM
For UK, yeah.

Refs wont let us keep it close, our entire starters probably foul out by halftime.

Refs fault, huh? Not because u just lost to iowa

Heyward
12-10-2014, 09:23 PM
Refs fault, huh? Not because u just lost to iowa

Yeah UNC always loses a few stinkers early in the year.

They dont peak in Nov/Dec like Dook.

But UK will kill them, i'd be shocked if they were within 15-20.

NinersSBChamps
12-10-2014, 10:01 PM
The real college season doesn't start until conference play begins. Everyone knows this unless you are in the 2-3 bid SEC.

holden
12-11-2014, 05:01 PM
Kentucky is a bad match-up for UNC, I agree. They shoot it almost as bad as we do, and their defense isn't anything like ours. Plus, they like to run, and I don't see them changing that for anybody. You could beat Kentucky by running, but you'd better also have some shooters.

I'm sure the officiating advantage won't be any worse than what UNC got last year in Chapel Hill.

holden
12-12-2014, 01:19 AM
Poythress with a torn ACL. Really sucks.

BRule
12-12-2014, 10:52 AM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/montrezl-harrell.png

Heyward
12-12-2014, 04:31 PM
Poythress with a torn ACL. Really sucks.

WHo starts now Lyles?

holden
12-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Yeah, Lyles is my guess. Not sure if we'll stick with the platoon and split the 20 minutes among Willis/everyone else, or go to an 8-man rotation with Lee as the back-up. I think probably the former.

Heyward
12-12-2014, 09:12 PM
I said before the year they should go with Ulis at PG, and the Harrisons at the 2-3.

I think eventually Cal will stop with the platoons.

Heyward
12-13-2014, 12:26 PM
Refs arent why UK will win but jesus this is biased.

Of course they hit everything from 3 this game.

holden
12-13-2014, 02:16 PM
Knew you would whine about the refs. They really weren't bad. Gave you guys plenty of questionable calls.

UNC played pretty well, and UK was uncharacteristically sloppy. But when Kentucky is hitting from outside, no one is within 10 points of them.

I think they really miss Poythress.

Heyward
12-13-2014, 03:21 PM
I was joking, UK is just better, UNC is horrible, might miss the tournament.

When UK is hitting from outside (not a great outside shooting team), nearly impossible to beat.

Cant see anyone beat UK this season.

holden
12-13-2014, 08:18 PM
I still think it's most likely Kentucky loses at some point, probably to Louisville. But this team has a much better chance than last year's ever did.

We shouldn't be that bad of an outside shooting team - we have good shooters (Aaron, Ulis, Booker, Willis who never plays). Just haven't been hitting for some reason until today.

NinersSBChamps
12-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Wake me up in January.

Bj1133
12-14-2014, 02:59 PM
Rough start for my Illini - was supposed to be a big year for them, but losing their starting PG to injury before the season and a key transfer leaving the program because of off the court issues has really had a negative effect. Need the "shooters" to come through or it looks like it will be another trip to the NIT.

gilesfan
12-20-2014, 01:14 PM
Lol Harrell

holden
12-20-2014, 06:14 PM
Kentucky is pretty good

Heyward
12-20-2014, 07:02 PM
Kentucky is pretty good

they're running the table, nice ship.

holden
12-27-2014, 03:02 PM
Kentucky playing pretty badly.. Louisville literally cannot get a foul called on them..

Still up 4.

Heyward
12-27-2014, 03:54 PM
Figured UK would win.

Other than Trez and Rozier, UL isnt that good.

Amazing they're losing despite holding UK to under 40 points with 8 minutes left

UK will likely go undefeated now.

holden
12-27-2014, 04:59 PM
:rock:

NinersSBChamps
12-28-2014, 12:06 PM
Such a strange pre season to college basketball. A ton of major upsets all over the place.

gilesfan
01-05-2015, 09:02 PM
How can UNC call timeout without possession of the ball?

NinersSBChamps
01-05-2015, 10:42 PM
How can UNC call timeout without possession of the ball?

Same way they can make up college curriculum?

NinersSBChamps
01-08-2015, 12:47 PM
Pretty wild season so far. March is going to be true madness. Hope we can manage to make the tournament though. Spartans made it a few years back with a poor record and got in on their name alone. With an awful loss already this season and no quality wins to speak of, could be a tall task to make the field of 68.

Heyward
01-10-2015, 04:04 PM
Man what a game with UNC and Louisville.

holden
01-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Kentucky has struggled badly their last two games. Lucky to have won either of them, and much less both.

I don't think they are going undefeated, and probably need a loss - sooner rather than later.

CK86
01-13-2015, 11:53 PM
It's a good thing I've already conceded the title to UK this year or I'd actually be upset with Duke losing two (and soon to be three) in a row. Makes awful performances like tonight not sting as much.

CrimsonCowboy
01-17-2015, 01:15 PM
So Duke got their butts kicked by Miami at home the other night. Today, they're beating up Louisville on the road. Makes sense

Heyward
01-17-2015, 04:09 PM
:facepalm:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7lEHR_IAAAgbuZ.jpg

Heyward
01-31-2015, 07:19 PM
Now i see why holden calls out UL in how they play football defense.

Touche.

holden
02-01-2015, 04:55 PM
Lol, yeah.

Get ready to see that as long as Rick is there (not much longer, judging by how he looked in that suit yesterday). They junk up every game they play, and for some reason they get away with it.. Especially at home.

NinersSBChamps
02-01-2015, 05:11 PM
What are we looking at in that picture?

NinersSBChamps
02-01-2015, 05:20 PM
Wow this thread is dead. I know there are more college basketball fans around. It is now February and things are beginning to ramp up.

Kentucky and Virginia are the only clear number 1 seeds right now. Teams like Gonzaga, Duke, and Kansas are all in the discussion, but still plenty of ball remaining.

Bj1133
02-07-2015, 10:33 PM
Refs nearly handed Mich St the game today against the Illini in one of the most absurd calls I've ever seen. They gave an Illini player a dead ball technical foul for attempting to box out a free throw shooter on a one-and-one. Fortunately, Mich St could not capitalize and the Illini left Lansing with their 2nd win in 2 seasons their. A birth to the tourney is still within reach for this team!

Heyward
02-08-2015, 12:32 AM
What are we looking at in that picture?

UK shirt, Alabama hat.

NinersSBChamps
02-08-2015, 01:07 AM
Refs nearly handed Mich St the game today against the Illini in one of the most absurd calls I've ever seen. They gave an Illini player a dead ball technical foul for attempting to box out a free throw shooter on a one-and-one. Fortunately, Mich St could not capitalize and the Illini left Lansing with their 2nd win in 2 seasons their. A birth to the tourney is still within reach for this team!

Lol did you not see the play? It was an obvious call. A shooter needs to be protected regardless.

Bj1133
02-08-2015, 08:24 AM
Lol did you not see the play? It was an obvious call. A shooter needs to be protected regardless.

It was a box out. He didn't even leave his feet to shoot the ball, so the whole "protection" argument doesn't apply. If he misses, and that was still in question when the "foul" occurred, then he would have had a clear chance at a rebound. Trice sold it and the refs didn't want to look bad by coming back from the monitor with no call, so they made something up.

Heyward
02-08-2015, 11:17 AM
Dean Smith passed away this morning.

A true legend of the game, RIP coach.

NinersSBChamps
02-08-2015, 11:18 AM
It was a box out. He didn't even leave his feet to shoot the ball, so the whole "protection" argument doesn't apply. If he misses, and that was still in question when the "foul" occurred, then he would have had a clear chance at a rebound. Trice sold it and the refs didn't want to look bad by coming back from the monitor with no call, so they made something up.

Your team won. Why are you complaining? Something had to be called. A shooter is a shooter regardless if he leaves his feet or not. It's moot point anyway.

Bj1133
02-08-2015, 03:03 PM
Your team won. Why are you complaining? Something had to be called. A shooter is a shooter regardless if he leaves his feet or not. It's moot point anyway.

Whether my team won or not, it was still a terrible call and the justification the referees gave after the game was even more ludicrous. I'd rather not see my team punished for the same "infraction" later on in the season, when they are doing nothing wrong.

gilesfan
02-08-2015, 04:15 PM
UK shirt, Alabama hat.

What if he went to both colleges?

Heyward
02-08-2015, 05:44 PM
What if he went to both colleges?

If he did, he did, still weird.

gilesfan
02-08-2015, 07:53 PM
I know strange bc 99% of posters on here root for colleges they didnt attend.

Runnin
02-12-2015, 10:33 AM
Guilty.

CrimsonCowboy
02-15-2015, 12:07 AM
Unless things make a drastic turnaround, Alabama likely will be finding a new coach.

NinersSBChamps
02-15-2015, 02:45 PM

Yeah you definitely show your colors all the time. How about the ladies of Old Dominion this year?

gilesfan
02-15-2015, 04:12 PM
They are terrible but won last night. Good thing i dont really care about ladies basketball

gilesfan
02-15-2015, 04:14 PM
Im really liking Copeland game, i think hes gonna be a good one. georgetown is a mid seed that could make a deep run.

Bj1133
02-17-2015, 06:47 AM
Tourney Projections 2/17

Midwest

1. Kentucky
2. Kansas
3. Notre Dame
4. North Carolina

West

1. Virginia
2. Arizona
3. Iowa St
4. Maryland

East

1. Wisconsin
2. Gonzaga
3. Utah
4. Louisville

South

1. Duke
2. Villanova
3. Oklahoma
4. Wichita St

holden
02-17-2015, 10:43 PM
I don't love that. You could make an argument that Kentucky would be getting the best of each seed #1-4.

gilesfan
02-18-2015, 11:15 AM
I don't love that. You could make an argument that Kentucky would be getting the best of each seed #1-4.

And that would be a terrible argument. According to Ken Pom:

Kentucky
UVA
Arizona
Utah
Wisconsin
Gonazaga
Villanova
Duke
Kansas
Oklahoma
Wichita State
Baylor
Louisville
Ohio State
Northern Iowa
North Carolina

Kansas is the weakest 2 in the group.
Notre Dame is the weakest 3 in the group\
Maryland shouldn't be in there, but other than Maryland, UNC is the weakest 4 in the group.

This is my opinion on what they should be:

1s:
Kentucky
Wisconsin
Duke
Virginia

2s
Arizona
Utah
Gonzaga
Villanova

3s
Oklahoma
Wichita State
Louisville
Ohio State

4s
Baylor
UNC
Iowa State
Georgetown

NinersSBChamps
02-18-2015, 01:43 PM
I think Wisconsin has the best shot of anyone to beat Kentucky. Kaminski is a matchup nightmare and the Badgers are a veteran team with tons of experience. Other than it could be a very meh tournament.

holden
02-18-2015, 04:38 PM
Okay, I love KenPom, but you're telling me you'd rather play Notre Dame than Oklahoma or Utah? Or North Carolina instead of Wichita State?

K, then.

gilesfan
02-18-2015, 04:58 PM
Okay, I love KenPom, but you're telling me you'd rather play Notre Dame than Oklahoma or Utah? Or North Carolina instead of Wichita State?

K, then.

I would certainly rather play Notre Dame than Oklahoma or Utah. What makes Notre Dame better than either of those teams? Nice offense, one of the worst big conference defensive teams. They have a ****ty non conference schedule and play in a down ACC. Lost to Providence, barely beat Michigan State. I actually really like both Oklahoma and Utah and certainly think they are better than ND.

I can see the case for playing Wichita over UNC. UNC has talent, but are much more inconsistent.

NinersSBChamps
02-18-2015, 05:08 PM
Utah has beaten Wichita State. Lost to some good teams along the way. I don't understand why people think they are good.

gilesfan
02-18-2015, 05:34 PM
Utah has beaten Wichita State. Lost to some good teams along the way. I don't understand why people think they are good.

Utah lost @SD State
vs. Kansas
@Arizona
@UCLA

They lost Loveridge for some time. They are absolutely destroying teams. They really could make a run to the final 4. I'm guessing you've never seen Utah play.

NinersSBChamps
02-18-2015, 05:43 PM
Utah lost @SD State
vs. Kansas
@Arizona
@UCLA

They lost Loveridge for some time. They are absolutely destroying teams. They really could make a run to the final 4. I'm guessing you've never seen Utah play.

Seen a little bit of them, but not much. Beating up on teams from the Pac 12 is hardly an accomplishment.

gilesfan
02-18-2015, 06:07 PM
Seen a little bit of them, but not much. Beating up on teams from the Pac 12 is hardly an accomplishment.

Yeah, not like the big bad ACC, SEC, or Big 10.

NinersSBChamps
02-18-2015, 06:34 PM
Yeah, not like the big bad ACC, SEC, or Big 10.

Um two of those conferences are better than the Pac 12 and I have always said what I feel about SEC basketball.

holden
02-18-2015, 09:54 PM
I would certainly rather play Notre Dame than Oklahoma or Utah. What makes Notre Dame better than either of those teams? Nice offense, one of the worst big conference defensive teams. They have a ****ty non conference schedule and play in a down ACC. Lost to Providence, barely beat Michigan State. I actually really like both Oklahoma and Utah and certainly think they are better than ND.

I can see the case for playing Wichita over UNC. UNC has talent, but are much more inconsistent.

Who did Utah beat? Wichita State (overrated this year)? Their best away win is BYU. Not saying they're bad, but come on. Notre Dame has beaten Duke and at North Carolina. their worst loss is Providence, who is a definite NCAA team. Oklahoma has lost to Kansas State.. twice. Really don't understand your argument here.

gilesfan
02-18-2015, 10:40 PM
You can look At RPI or KenPom. Notre Dame has played a terrible schedule this year. (And lost to Pittsburgh as well)

holden
02-18-2015, 11:12 PM
RPI is awful. It has Kansas as the #1 team in the country. Over a team that beat them by 32 and is undefeated.

NinersSBChamps
02-18-2015, 11:16 PM
What a choke job from UNC. Regardless of the outcome.

holden
02-18-2015, 11:33 PM
Yeah, UNC really handed this one away. Not sure what Roy was doing there.. though you can't blame him for the numerous awful passes.

gilesfan
02-18-2015, 11:33 PM
RPI is awful. It has Kansas as the #1 team in the country. Over a team that beat them by 32 and is undefeated.

So what metrics have Notre Dame over Utah or Oklahoma? Not RPI, not KenPom, not Jeff saggRin.

holden
02-18-2015, 11:35 PM
the metric of me, who knows college basketball pretty well

gilesfan
02-18-2015, 11:44 PM
the metric of me, who knows college basketball pretty well

Oh I gotcha. I just wish these others knew basketball as well as you. Notre Dame top 5? 10?

Heyward
02-19-2015, 09:49 AM
What a choke job.

Not even surprised.

Why they went to Paige when he was **** all game is a mystery. Refs were **** but no surprise. Still up 8-9 under 2 minutes no excuse.

1-2 stops and make FT's it's over but nope.

Also ridiculous teams keep shooting like they're the 96 Bulls vs UNC.

gilesfan
02-19-2015, 10:25 AM
What a choke job.

Not even surprised.

Why they went to Paige when he was **** all game is a mystery. Refs were **** but no surprise. Still up 8-9 under 2 minutes no excuse.

1-2 stops and make FT's it's over but nope.

Also ridiculous teams keep shooting like they're the 96 Bulls vs UNC.

That's because UNC still hasn't figured out teams are allowed to shoot 3 pointers.

holden
02-19-2015, 10:55 AM
I'm just saying, if all we go on is metrics then why even have a selection committee? Why argue about anything college basketball related? Each system is flawed. The metrics are useful but I watch a lot of basketball and it's not hard for me to say that Kentucky is better than Kansas, for example, even though RPI disagrees with me. I pretty much disregard RPI entirely.

KenPom and Sagarin are useful, but they don't solve everything. Put it this way - I would be really happy if Oklahoma is Kentucky's 3 seed, and a little afraid if Notre Dame is there instead.

That said, I guess you could make the argument that Notre Dame is a better match-up for Kentucky... But even still, I think a solid argument can be made for Notre Dame as a top 10-12 team pretty easily.

gilesfan
02-19-2015, 11:25 AM
I'm just saying, if all we go on is metrics then why even have a selection committee? Why argue about anything college basketball related? Each system is flawed. The metrics are useful but I watch a lot of basketball and it's not hard for me to say that Kentucky is better than Kansas, for example, even though RPI disagrees with me. I pretty much disregard RPI entirely.

KenPom and Sagarin are useful, but they don't solve everything. Put it this way - I would be really happy if Oklahoma is Kentucky's 3 seed, and a little afraid if Notre Dame is there instead.

That said, I guess you could make the argument that Notre Dame is a better match-up for Kentucky... But even still, I think a solid argument can be made for Notre Dame as a top 10-12 team pretty easily.

Using metrics is far more beneficial than using a selection of committee full of bias (as well as many of these guys watching little to no games of every team)

-Notre Dame has played a pitiful schedule, they have a non conference schedule ranking of 348.
-Notre Dame has a defensive efficiency of 0.98 ppp despite facing teams that have an average offensive ranking of 120
-Notre Dame has an AdjD ranked 153rd in the country

I don't see the appeal of Notre Dame. Very good offense for sure. They have 2 decent wins on the year, both close games vs. Duke (who in return blew them out by 30) and UNC. They have snuck by Clemson, BC, NC State, Miami, Georgia Tech (2)......none of these teams are very good. ND is 4-4 vs. top 100 teams (2-3 vs. top 25)

Oklahoma plays in by far the best conference in America and have played a top 10 schedule on the year. They are 11-5 vs. top 100 teams (5-4 vs. top 25)

Utah is 4-4 vs. top 50 and 11-5 vs. top 100

Kentucky would eat up Notre Dame as they could score at will and have the length to disrupt NDs shooters.

holden
02-19-2015, 11:29 AM
I see your point. I just think they're better than Oklahoma. I don't think it's unreasonable to argue either way, though.

So when can we expect Forde's "you made your bed, now you have to lie in it" article about Pitino?

gilesfan
02-19-2015, 11:35 AM
Well, I took Oklahoma to win the tourney pre season and some ridiculous number like +5000. Not that I expect them to win it all, but I have them pegged as a top 10 team for sure. I took it before Thomas was ruled eligible. I believe in Oklahoma more than I am anti ND.

OK, despite a ridiculous schedule are 1.03 ppp on offense and 0.88 on defense. They aren't a great 3 point shooting team, but competent. They don't really have any weaknesses and Buddy Hield is great.

NinersSBChamps
02-21-2015, 12:57 PM
Well, I took Oklahoma to win the tourney pre season and some ridiculous number like +5000. Not that I expect them to win it all, but I have them pegged as a top 10 team for sure. I took it before Thomas was ruled eligible. I believe in Oklahoma more than I am anti ND.

OK, despite a ridiculous schedule are 1.03 ppp on offense and 0.88 on defense. They aren't a great 3 point shooting team, but competent. They don't really have any weaknesses and Buddy Hield is great.

GL. That would a sick payout if they won.

NinersSBChamps
02-21-2015, 12:59 PM
As much as I hate Bo Ryan and his flopping ways, Wisconsin is a great team. If they get Jackson back healthy and in the swing of things I love their chances to make the final four.

Heyward
02-21-2015, 01:54 PM
As much as I hate Bo Ryan and his flopping ways, Wisconsin is a great team. If they get Jackson back healthy and in the swing of things I love their chances to make the final four.

Only team when healthy who i think can stop those bastards in Lexington.

NinersSBChamps
02-21-2015, 02:00 PM
Only team when healthy who i think can stop those bastards in Lexington.

Meh. Kentucky will get what they deserve in the end. I hope they win all the way through and up to the tournament. As crooked as they are, I think Cal gets bounced in the round of 32.

holden
02-21-2015, 03:46 PM
lol. so salty.

Heyward
02-21-2015, 04:17 PM
Meh. Kentucky will get what they deserve in the end. I hope they win all the way through and up to the tournament. As crooked as they are, I think Cal gets bounced in the round of 32.

Would be funny but i doubt it.

If they were gonna get upset, Sweet 16 or Elite 8 by a team who got hot from 3 would be it.

gilesfan
02-21-2015, 06:39 PM
Kentucky best team but there are a handful of teams that can beat them. Wisky probably best of bunch

NinersSBChamps
02-21-2015, 09:12 PM
lol. so salty.

I call it like it is. Anyway Sparks was on the line!

gilesfan
02-27-2015, 12:03 AM
How the heck was Mich State in the top 25?

NinersSBChamps
02-27-2015, 12:04 AM
How the heck was Mich State in the top 25?

Their name.

holden
02-27-2015, 11:38 AM
Sparks was behind the line, and got fouled.

holden
02-27-2015, 11:42 AM
Forde with a pro-Pitino piece. Isn't this about the same time last year he dropped his "You made your bed, now lie in it" article about Cal?

What a colossal douche nozzle.

holden
02-27-2015, 11:56 AM
http://i2.wp.com/www.diehardsport.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/nolan-.gif

Still can't believe they called this a charge.

holden
02-27-2015, 12:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yFOwyVv.gif

gilesfan
02-27-2015, 12:21 PM
I hate charge/block calls in general, it's really a difficult call. I would probably call 75% blocks and 25% charges.

holden
02-27-2015, 02:45 PM
It seems like it's getting a little better this year. The last few years have been terrible, though (the above gif is from the championship game last year).

But yeah, I'd definitely lean more towards blocks. Award the offensive player for an aggressive, athletic move. You can't blatantly bowl people over, but flopping really makes the game worse.

Bj1133
02-27-2015, 02:52 PM
What is really starting to irritate me lately is all the flopping by the offensive player, just to encourage a call from the refs (and they are getting those calls). Just having watched Big Ten games lately, Travis Trice (Mich St) and D'Angelo Russell (Ohio St) seem to be the worst at this. Its just a pathetic excuse for basketball and is really hurting the game.

gilesfan
02-27-2015, 03:00 PM
What is really starting to irritate me lately is all the flopping by the offensive player, just to encourage a call from the refs (and they are getting those calls). Just having watched Big Ten games lately, Travis Trice (Mich St) and D'Angelo Russell (Ohio St) seem to be the worst at this. Its just a pathetic excuse for basketball and is really hurting the game.

Defenders are flopping like crazy too though. You can't back down a defender bc he will flop no doubt.

I will say it's tougher to judge block/charges on tv. Being at ODU games, I think the refs have done a good job on the calls. Its watching on tv that I get infuriated.

Bj1133
02-27-2015, 03:05 PM
Tourney Projections 2/27

Midwest

1. Kentucky
2. Kansas
3. Utah
4. Oklahoma
5. North Carolina
6. Butler
7. Indiana
8. Ohio St

West

1. Villanova
2. Gonzaga
3. Baylor
4. Notre Dame
5. SMU
6. Louisville
7. Georgetown
8. LSU

East

1. Virginia
2. Arizona
3. Maryland
4. N Iowa
5. West Virginia
6. Providence
7. Oklahoma St
8. SD St

South

1. Duke
2. Wisconsin
3. Iowa St
4. Arkansas
5. Wichita St
6. VCU
7. Xavier
8. Michigan St

Bj1133
02-27-2015, 03:06 PM
Defenders are flopping like crazy too though. You can't back down a defender bc he will flop no doubt.

I will say it's tougher to judge block/charges on tv. Being at ODU games, I think the refs have done a good job on the calls. Its watching on tv that I get infuriated.

Defenders do flop, but that has been happening for years. Only recently have I noticed more offensive players really trying to sell the refs on how hard they are being fouled (most times when there is no foul at all)

NinersSBChamps
02-28-2015, 01:40 AM
So it's okay for defensive players flop? But offensive players can't exaggerate and try to get a call on their side?

NinersSBChamps
02-28-2015, 01:06 PM
Pitino really knows how to pick em. Chris Jones facing rape/sodomy charges.

Bj1133
02-28-2015, 03:40 PM
So it's okay for defensive players flop? But offensive players can't exaggerate and try to get a call on their side?

I didn't say that. Neither side of the ball should be flopping - just play straight up basketball instead of relying on the refs to help you out.

holden
02-28-2015, 04:41 PM
Kentucky is good.

Heyward
02-28-2015, 05:16 PM
Kentucky is good.

You still think they need to lose a game?

The LSU/UF back to back was the only game they might have lost until the SECT.

holden
02-28-2015, 05:57 PM
At this point, nah, just go for it. They're clicking. May as well keep riding it as long as we can.

NinersSBChamps
02-28-2015, 11:58 PM
You still think they need to lose a game?

The LSU/UF back to back was the only game they might have lost until the SECT.

Please. The SEC is God awful. They have played what like 2 legit teams all season? Credit to them for winning though.

holden
03-01-2015, 11:46 AM
Good point.

If only they hadn't beaten the Big 12 champs by 32. Or Texas. Or North Carolina. Or Louisville. Or Providence.

Arkansas is a pretty good team.. Kentucky was just that much better than they were yesterday.

Not sure who else you want them to play.

NinersSBChamps
03-01-2015, 11:53 AM
Arkansas is pretty good? They beat SMU and nobody else.

gilesfan
03-01-2015, 01:01 PM
Good point.

If only they hadn't beaten the Big 12 champs by 32. Or Texas. Or North Carolina. Or Louisville. Or Providence.

Arkansas is a pretty good team.. Kentucky was just that much better than they were yesterday.

Not sure who else you want them to play.

Kentucky is clearly the best team this year. I do think a point can be made about the SEC though. Kentucky played a tough non conference schedule and then go 2.5-3 months playing absolutely nobody so every is so easy for them. So they reach the NCAA tourney really untested and if they happen to have a bad night they grit is really tested. I don't know that they will lose this year, but I think they would be better prepared for the NCAA tourney if they had to run through the Big 12 or Big East.

The only team I see beating Kentucky outside of maybe Wisconsin is a team that just gets hot from outside and can defensive rebound. Maybe a team like Duke that when they are running good, they don't miss.

NinersSBChamps
03-01-2015, 01:09 PM
Agreed with giles. I think Virginia could contain Kentucky, but Virginia isn't a very good 3 point shooting team. I think Kentucky is most vulnerable in the second round or the S16. I think they could underestimate a team who isn't a marquee program. If they reach the final four they aren't gonna have a letdown against a big time opponent.

holden
03-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Virginia scares me more than anyone else, to be honest. I think they could give Kentucky problems on defense. And Bennett is a good enough coach that they could probably devise a way to score enough to win. Still think Kentucky would and should be favored, but it would be a tough game.

Duke scares me too because if they get hot from outside they could beat anybody, especially if Kentucky is off. They just don't defend very well and so I have doubts about whether they'll even make it that far.

Wisconsin is a little worrisome, but I think Kentucky's interior depth would give Kaminsky some problems. And our guards should be able to handle theirs on offense.

bravesnumberone
03-03-2015, 11:03 PM
Boy, the last few mins, Kentucky would make all those floppers in soccer proud. Great job, refs.

NinersSBChamps
03-03-2015, 11:12 PM
Boy, the last few mins, Kentucky would make all those floppers in soccer proud. Great job, refs.

It was a complete choke. Georgia player flies into the lane out of control and loses the ball. Kentucky gets a fast break because there UGA players are jogging back. That was the turning point.

Heyward
03-03-2015, 11:12 PM
Everytime UK plays a close game, the other teams ****s the bed and makes dumb play after dumb play.

bravesnumberone
03-03-2015, 11:13 PM
Oh well. Georgia panicked and just fell apart there at the end.

bravesnumberone
03-03-2015, 11:15 PM
It was a complete choke. Georgia player flies into the lane out of control and loses the ball. Kentucky gets a fast break because there UGA players are jogging back. That was the turning point.

Oh, I agree. All I'm saying is the same player has pulled the same bull**** "OH MY GOD MY EYE!!!!" three times now. Georgia with no one to blame but themselves.

holden
03-04-2015, 08:00 PM
lol. chumps.

Bj1133
03-06-2015, 03:20 PM
Tourney Projections 3/6

Midwest

1. Kentucky
2. Kansas
3. Notre Dame
4. Utah
5. Louisville
6. Ohio St
7. St Johns
8. Dayton

West

1. Villanova
2. Arizona
3. Maryland
4. Baylor
5. UNC
6. West Virginia
7. Butler
8. Michigan St

East

1. Virginia
2. Gonzaga
3. Iowa St
4. Wichita St
5. SMU
6. Providence
7. Iowa
8. Georgia

South

1. Duke
2. Wisconsin
3. Oklahoma
4. Arkansas
5. N Iowa
6. Georgetown
7. SD St
8. Oregon

gilesfan
03-06-2015, 03:38 PM
That would be a good draw for Georgetown. They would be a sleeper in that one.

holden
03-07-2015, 09:06 PM
thirty one and oh

holden
03-07-2015, 09:08 PM
I'll tell you one thing: Kentucky would NEVER honor a Louisville coach before a game for winning 1,000 games. Not in a thousand years. Or vice versa.

Heyward
03-07-2015, 09:28 PM
I'll tell you one thing: Kentucky would NEVER honor a Louisville coach before a game for winning 1,000 games. Not in a thousand years. Or vice versa.

Yep, i hate it, stupid as hell.

Heyward
03-07-2015, 09:28 PM
Cant even get calls on UNC's home floor.

Refs want Dook to win.

Heyward
03-07-2015, 11:07 PM
Dook is just better, all there is to it.

CrimsonCowboy
03-07-2015, 11:13 PM
From what I have seen, Duke may be about the only team that can match up with Kentucky.

NinersSBChamps
03-08-2015, 12:09 AM

And you are proud of that? At some point there are things bigger than a rivalry.

NinersSBChamps
03-08-2015, 12:09 AM
From what I have seen, Duke may be about the only team that can match up bank accounts with Kentucky.

This.

gilesfan
03-08-2015, 12:15 AM
This just seems like a more than typical wide open tourney (outside of Kentucky). Really looking forward to the tourney.

The fact that Lunardi is putting 6 teams in his bracket shows how down it is this year. (I think they should get 4-5 tops; probably 4.

Heyward
03-08-2015, 12:30 AM
From what I have seen, Duke may be about the only team that can match up with Kentucky.

Dook is very good but the game was pretty much even except one area, FT's.

3 point shots about the same.

FG's about the same.

They shot 13 more FT's and were on the road.

I dont see how Dook would beat UK unless they got hot from 3, UK is way too good defensively for that.

I'd give Zona, UVA if they have Anderson, and Wisconsin a shot vs UK.

CrimsonCowboy
03-08-2015, 01:00 AM
Nicely played, Niners. You actually made me look at my post, making sure of what I posted.:happy0157:

Bj1133
03-08-2015, 08:57 AM

Wisconsin has the length, discipline and can get hot from three. They'd give Kentucky one heck of a game.

NinersSBChamps
03-08-2015, 10:50 AM
Wisconsin has the length, discipline and can get hot from three. They'd give Kentucky one heck of a game.

Yeah as much as I would not want to see Wisconsin win this season, they are a very good team and can score too. Not like the Badgers we are used to, the ones who would slow the game way down.

Heyward
03-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Roy owns Pitino.

NinersSBChamps
03-12-2015, 04:49 PM
Lol Illinois. Bubble bursts.

Bj1133
03-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Lol Illinois. Bubble bursts.

Just an absolute dreadful performance today. NIT for the 2nd year in a row - Groce needs to have a much better season next year, or he might be shown the door.

NinersSBChamps
03-12-2015, 10:38 PM
Just an absolute dreadful performance today. NIT for the 2nd year in a row - Groce needs to have a much better season next year, or he might be shown the door.

I don't get it. He has talent.

CrimsonCowboy
03-12-2015, 11:33 PM
I hope ESPN pays Dave Pasch well for having to work next to Bill Walton on these broadcasts.

Bj1133
03-13-2015, 07:06 AM
I don't get it. He has talent.

Lack of a PG really hurt this team this season. Abrams is coming back next season and there is a 4 star recruit in the Chicago area that is set to make his college choice soon. Groce has missed on all his PG prospects so far - gonna have to get one sooner or later.

NinersSBChamps
03-13-2015, 11:01 AM
I hope ESPN pays Dave Pasch well for having to work next to Bill Walton on these broadcasts.

Yeah he should qualify for hazardous duty pay.

holden
03-13-2015, 10:50 PM
Notre Dame > Oklahoma

NinersSBChamps
03-13-2015, 11:09 PM
Notre Dame > Oklahoma

Horizon League>SEC

Heyward
03-14-2015, 12:01 AM
Notre Dame > Oklahoma

ND is legit, great scheme by Mike Bray vs Dook.

Heyward
03-14-2015, 12:01 AM
Horizon League>SEC

:Alone:

gilesfan
03-14-2015, 09:55 AM
Notre Dame is a fraud. They play zero defense but did catch Duke on an off night. Watch ND lose in first or second round.

gilesfan
03-14-2015, 09:56 AM
Hows that SEC conference? Auburn in the semis?

NinersSBChamps
03-14-2015, 07:37 PM
You guys want to do a bracket challenge?

holden
03-14-2015, 07:37 PM
Nobody said it was great. Still, it'll put 4 or 5 teams in the dance.

And undefeated is undefeated. Can't really say Kentucky hasn't been challenged when they have beaten 4 or 5 top 25 teams by a combined 1,289 points

holden
03-14-2015, 08:01 PM
Notre Dame is a fraud. They play zero defense but did catch Duke on an off night. Watch ND lose in first or second round.

To be fair, Duke also plays zero defense. And I don't expect them to make the Final Four.

How far do you think Oklahoma will go?

NinersSBChamps
03-14-2015, 08:02 PM
To be fair, Duke also plays zero defense. And I don't expect them to make the Final Four.

As far as Buddy Hield can take them.

holden
03-14-2015, 09:43 PM
So, about Notre Dame...

I don't care what KenPom says. If you would pick them over Oklahoma, you're crazy.

Heyward
03-14-2015, 09:57 PM
ND is good, i wonder how much Brey paid the refs before the game.

Heyward
03-14-2015, 09:57 PM
Joking aside, although they shot 25 more FT's today.

They're a bad matchup for UNC, and UNC ran out of gas playing back to back bruising games vs UL and UVA.

gilesfan
03-15-2015, 09:37 AM

Depending on bracket, they have chance to go 16/8. Maybe if Gonazaga is there 1 seed, final four. They are very good. Defense and Heild can go a long way.

gilesfan
03-15-2015, 09:37 AM
So, about Notre Dame...

I don't care what KenPom says. If you would pick them over Oklahoma, you're crazy.

Winning a terrible ACC doesn't really do much for me.

Heyward
03-15-2015, 09:50 AM
Winning a terrible ACC doesn't really do much for me.

Terrible ACC?

It's arguably the best conference in the country, what the hell.

gilesfan
03-15-2015, 10:03 AM
Terrible ACC?

It's arguably the best conference in the country, what the hell.

Terrible being a relative term, it's really not terrible when compared to CUSA schools, etc.

The. Big 12 is by far the best conference this year. I don't think that is even arguable.

The Big East is the second best.

I think Big 10 is third.

Heyward
03-15-2015, 11:30 AM
Terrible being a relative term, it's really not terrible when compared to CUSA schools, etc.

The. Big 12 is by far the best conference this year. I don't think that is even arguable.

The Big East is the second best.

I think Big 10 is third.

Big 10 has one great team, another good one in Md, and thats about it.

ACC has 2 elite teams with UVA/Dook, and three good teams with ND, UNC, and UL.

Would you say Kansas, ISU, Baylor, OU and WVU is > the ACC's top 5, because it's not.

Only conference maybe better is the Big 12, and that is debateable.

gilesfan
03-15-2015, 11:53 AM
Outside of Duke I don't think anybody in the ACC would be top five in the big 12

Heyward
03-15-2015, 11:58 AM
Outside of Duke I don't think anybody in the ACC would be top five in the big 12

Virginia

holden
03-15-2015, 12:05 PM
The Big East? What?

Are there any good conferences this year, giles? Besides the Big 12?

holden
03-15-2015, 12:06 PM
If beating Duke and UNC doesn't do much for you, what does losing to Iowa State do for you?

NinersSBChamps
03-15-2015, 01:26 PM

I think the Big 12 is a good conference, but it's a little top heavy. Kansas, Baylor, Iowa State, and Oklahoma are solid teams. West Virginia is defent too. Texas is okay, but after that is drops off quite a bit.

Duke, UNC, Notre Dame, Louisville, and Virginia are all solid teams with Louisville being the weakest and struggling now. I think it's a toss up as to which conference is the best. Let's wait and see how the tournament goes before we make all these claims.

holden
03-15-2015, 01:32 PM
These officials in the SEC title game.. wow. Pretty typical for the SEC though, I have to say.

gilesfan
03-15-2015, 02:11 PM
Virginia

Yeah i dont believe in them

gilesfan
03-15-2015, 02:15 PM
The Big East? What?

Are there any good conferences this year, giles? Besides the Big 12?

Big 12 and Big East. Big Ten to a lesser degree.

Whats the question with the Big East? Nova, Georgetown, Providence, Butler, Xavier are all top 25 or borderline.

St Johns with there big man and guard olay be a sweet 16 sleeper

gilesfan
03-15-2015, 02:16 PM
If beating Duke and UNC doesn't do much for you, what does losing to Iowa State do for you?

Iowa State is certainly better than UNC. Duke- possibly, depends on if they are hot from 3 or not.

gilesfan
03-15-2015, 02:19 PM
I think the Big 12 is a good conference, but it's a little top heavy. Kansas, Baylor, Iowa State, and Oklahoma are solid teams. West Virginia is defent too. Texas is okay, but after that is drops off quite a bit.

Duke, UNC, Notre Dame, Louisville, and Virginia are all solid teams with Louisville being the weakest and struggling now. I think it's a toss up as to which conference is the best. Let's wait and see how the tournament goes before we make all these claims.

The Big 12 has 6 teams in KenPoms top 25.

holden
03-15-2015, 02:21 PM
You don't believe in Virginia.. but you believe in Georgetown? Wut?

gilesfan
03-15-2015, 02:23 PM
You don't believe in Virginia.. but you believe in Georgetown? Wut?

UVA certainly should be ranked higher. Heads up, Georgetown may be a tough matchup for them. UVA cant score.

holden
03-15-2015, 02:29 PM
They're 26th in adjusted O on Ken Pom and Georgetown is 24th. That isn't everything, but it shows you that they are efficient. You can't just look at their point totals. Since Anderson isn't healthy, they might not be as good now, but it's not fair to say they can't score.

Heyward
03-15-2015, 02:33 PM
UVA's defense is one of the best in the country, they dont need to score much.

If Anderson was healthy, they'd be up there with anyone.

Heyward
03-15-2015, 02:33 PM
lol at holden blaming the refs.

27 FT's for UK, 17 fouls, 17 FT's for Ark, and 22 fouls.

Irony of all kinds.

Heyward
03-15-2015, 02:34 PM
Yeah i dont believe in them

And you believe in Oklahoma?

UVA has 3 losses.

A loss to Dook where they went crazy from 3 late in the game, barely lost to UL, and a close one to UNC.

UVA is as good as any team in the country.

holden
03-15-2015, 02:39 PM

Irony of all kinds.

do you watch basketball ever? You know how it works, right? Like, you understand the rules and everything?

holden
03-15-2015, 02:40 PM

Irony of all kinds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

Heyward
03-15-2015, 02:42 PM
do you watch basketball ever? You know how it works, right? Like, you understand the rules and everything?

I understand UK gets an insane amount of foul calls, you know this, right?